Disabling IE on certain computers

Hi,

Is there a way to selectively block computers from being able to run
Internet Explorer, either through Group Policy or otherwise?

-John

John Rosenlof wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a way to selectively block computers from being able to run
> Internet Explorer, either through Group Policy or otherwise?

Are You uing windows 2000 or windows 2003 - in windows 2003 You can set
up Software restriction policy in GPO using has rule - group this
computers in one OU, place GPO on this OU and in this GPO create hash
rule to preven users from running IE executable

Also You can use path rule but hash will be better :)

--
Tomasz Onyszko [MVP]
T.Onyszko@w2k.pl

Thanks for the response. I'm not familiar with the term hash rule. Could
you please explain?