morrowind goty start up issues

Charles

i just got the the morrowind goty and am ready to play tribunal and
bloodmoon. the only problem is that my old morrowind character doesn't exist
anymore because the original morrowind( w/o expansions) was on my old
computer. I went online to find "cheats" to recreate my old character sort
of ( i will be a little off, but hey nothing really outragious, trust me)
the stats codes work fine but i just can't seem to get the level code to
work. i am typing "player-> setlevel 14" and it turns purple and that means
that it worked. well when i get to the stat screen my level is still the
same. I have tried resting but to no avail. will somebody help me on this or
will i have to completly rebuild my old character from level 1 to level 14,
please somebody give some feedback as i really don't want to do this.

thanks

dakkon

"Charles" <dakkon@charter.net> wrote in

> i just got the the morrowind goty and am ready to play tribunal and
> bloodmoon. the only problem is that my old morrowind character doesn't
> exist anymore because the original morrowind( w/o expansions) was on
> my old computer. I went online to find "cheats" to recreate my old
> character sort of ( i will be a little off, but hey nothing really
> outragious, trust me) the stats codes work fine but i just can't seem
> to get the level code to work. i am typing "player-> setlevel 14" and
> it turns purple and that means that it worked. well when i get to the
> stat screen my level is still the same. I have tried resting but to no
> avail. will somebody help me on this or will i have to completly
> rebuild my old character from level 1 to level 14, please somebody
> give some feedback as i really don't want to do this.

Why not just console in enough money to train up to lvl 14?

On Wed, 21 Apr 2004 23:46:18 -0400, "Charles" <dakkon@charter.net>
wrote:

>i just got the the morrowind goty and am ready to play tribunal and
>bloodmoon. the only problem is that my old morrowind character doesn't exist
>anymore because the original morrowind( w/o expansions) was on my old
>computer. I went online to find "cheats" to recreate my old character sort
>of ( i will be a little off, but hey nothing really outragious, trust me)
>the stats codes work fine but i just can't seem to get the level code to
>work. i am typing "player-> setlevel 14" and it turns purple and that means
>that it worked. well when i get to the stat screen my level is still the
>same. I have tried resting but to no avail. will somebody help me on this or
>will i have to completly rebuild my old character from level 1 to level 14,
>please somebody give some feedback as i really don't want to do this.
>
>thanks
>
>dakkon

After you enter the command to set your level to 14, close the console
and stats screen, and then save your game. Reload the save game you
just made and the stat should be updated.

--
Mike
BSW