black screen pop up

September 29, 2004 5:34:29 PM

When I start up I get a black screen that pops up with
this across the top

c:\mscommx.exe

then another pops up with the same thing & this message
saying something like
it can't run MS-DOS or Windows from this location...blah,
blah

any help is appreciated

More about : black screen pop

Anonymous
September 29, 2004 8:32:43 PM

This sounds like a virus.

Run a full scan of your system and reply back with the results.

If you don't have AV software, go here:

http://security.symantec.com/default.asp?productid=symh...

Make sure you disable any pop-up blocker software before you go here.

Jeff

"bbush" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I start up I get a black screen that pops up with
> this across the top
>
> c:\mscommx.exe
>
> then another pops up with the same thing & this message
> saying something like
> it can't run MS-DOS or Windows from this location...blah,
> blah
>
> any help is appreciated

Anonymous
September 29, 2004 9:00:53 PM

bbush wrote:

> When I start up I get a black screen that pops up with
> this across the top
>
> c:\mscommx.exe

> then another pops up with the same thing & this message
> saying something like
> it can't run MS-DOS or Windows from this location...blah,
> blah
>
> any help is appreciated

A quick search for mscommx.exe on Google got a few hits
and all indicated that it a virus or hijack program. you might
try this site http://housecall.trendmicro.com/ for a free scan.

gls858