black screen pop up

When I start up I get a black screen that pops up with
this across the top

c:\mscommx.exe

then another pops up with the same thing & this message
saying something like
it can't run MS-DOS or Windows from this location...blah,
blah

any help is appreciated
2 answers Last reply
More about black screen

    This sounds like a virus.

    Run a full scan of your system and reply back with the results.

    If you don't have AV software, go here:

    http://security.symantec.com/default.asp?productid=symhome&langid=ie&venid=sym

    Make sure you disable any pop-up blocker software before you go here.

    Jeff

    bbush wrote:

    > When I start up I get a black screen that pops up with
    > this across the top
    >
    > c:\mscommx.exe

    > then another pops up with the same thing & this message
    > saying something like
    > it can't run MS-DOS or Windows from this location...blah,
    > blah
    >
    > any help is appreciated

    A quick search for mscommx.exe on Google got a few hits
    and all indicated that it a virus or hijack program. you might
    try this site http://housecall.trendmicro.com/ for a free scan.

    gls858

MS-DOS Microsoft Windows XP