licensing

Michael

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Hi NG,

we have re-installed our domain with another name (company name changed).
the 6 domain controllers were setted up with w2k3 server (old domain w2k
server).
our member servers only joined the new domain (w2k servers).

the licenceserver now shows all "old" used cals with count=0, and all users
were listed. additionally the new used cals are listed.
e.g.
olddomain\user12
newdomain\user12

how can i delete the used cals of the old domain permanently. trying to
recall the used licences only temporarily works.

Michael

I'm assuming you are talking about terminal services licensing CALS?

If so, then from your description, it sounds like you will need to
uninstall your terminal services licensing from the server it is installed
on, then reinstall it and reinstall and activate your CALs. The Microsoft
Clearinghouse should assist you reactivating them when you are ready.

It would be an excellent idea to locate your original paperwork for those
licenses first so you have it ready and don't run into a surprise loss of
service for your users.

Please repost if this does not help.
--

Tim Springston
Microsoft Corporation

"Michael" <Michael@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi NG,
>
> we have re-installed our domain with another name (company name changed).
> the 6 domain controllers were setted up with w2k3 server (old domain w2k
> server).
> our member servers only joined the new domain (w2k servers).
>
> the licenceserver now shows all "old" used cals with count=0, and all
> users
> were listed. additionally the new used cals are listed.
> e.g.
> olddomain\user12
> newdomain\user12
>
> how can i delete the used cals of the old domain permanently. trying to
> recall the used licences only temporarily works.
>
> Michael

Michael

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Hi Tim,

i'm talking about the windows server 2003 cals.
the site-licenceserver list/count the "old" used licences.

Michael