Mailbox Creation in Acitive Directory

I have always created a mailbox for Exchange whenever I have created a new
user in Active Directory. However, recently, I receive confirmation that the
mailbox has been created, but in the Exchange System Manager, the mailbox is
not their. I have checked for a possible licensing issue; Microsoft says it
is OK, that it is an Active Directory issue. I don't recive any errors on
the Domain Controller, but I have an additional domain controller in the
network that I receive the error on: Windows cannot create the object
because: The directory service was unable to allocate a relative identifier.
Any help on this matter would be deeply appreciated.
Thank you.

In news:E9420B04-72DC-479D-B585-A1B17044B93E@microsoft.com,
Alboni <Alboni@discussions.microsoft.com> made a post then I commented below
:: I have always created a mailbox for Exchange whenever I have created
:: a new user in Active Directory. However, recently, I receive
:: confirmation that the mailbox has been created, but in the Exchange
:: System Manager, the mailbox is not their. I have checked for a
:: possible licensing issue; Microsoft says it is OK, that it is an
:: Active Directory issue. I don't recive any errors on the Domain
:: Controller, but I have an additional domain controller in the
:: network that I receive the error on: Windows cannot create the
:: object because: The directory service was unable to allocate a
:: relative identifier. Any help on this matter would be deeply
:: appreciated.
:: Thank you.

That sounds like a definite AD error. If the RID Master FSMO Role is not
available, then the DC you creating the new object on cannot create it
because it ran out of RIDs and couldn't update it's RID pool. Without
additional info, I can point out this can be caused by a number of things:

1. The RID Master is not available, or down.
2. DNS misconfiguration (using an ISP's DNS server in any position in IP
properties WILL cause this error - Must only use your internal DNS).
3. SRV records are missing under the zone in DNS.
4. Updates not allowed on the zone in DNS.
5. Single label domain name - This is a nasty issue.
6. Firewall or Proxy rules blocking domain communication between office
locations.
7. NAT device between subnets - AD cannot communicate across a NAT because
NAT doesn't support Kerberos or RPC communication.

If not sure where to go based on what I mentioned above, please provide
additional info to further diagnose this, such as:

1. Unedited ipconfig /all
2. Name of your AD DNS domain name
3. If updates are enabled
4. Name of the zone in DNS
5. dcdiag /v

Thank you,

--
Regards,
Ace

G O E A G L E S !!!
so all can benefit.

and confers no rights.

A lifetime commitment for a pig.
--
=================================

Ace,
I am sending the information you requested to your Hot Mail account.
Thank you.
Al
Happy Holidays

In news:710D2BDF-9268-499C-B911-59E27F94737F@microsoft.com,
Alboni <Alboni@discussions.microsoft.com> made a post then I commented below
:: Ace,
:: I am sending the information you requested to your Hot Mail account.
:: Thank you.
:: Al
:: Happy Holidays
::

Hi Al,

I received the info.It was a 22meg attachment! I provided instructions on
how to send me the info in text format.

Thanks.

Merry Christmas!

Ace