Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Windows Recovery Error after installing H50 cooler.

Last response: in Windows 7
May 2, 2011 4:07:31 AM
a b $ Windows 7
May 2, 2011 5:26:48 AM

I would of thought it was complete logic, you fitted a new cooler then tried your pc and it gave you an error.
It is likely the cooler is not fitted right on the cpu die, bad contact.
so i would take it off and do a double check of it to make sure it is sat right, firmly down.

Also have a check you did not knock your memory sticks and they are seated right in there slots.
m
l
May 2, 2011 6:58:12 AM

cooler is nice and snug. memory passed a check so its good as well. any other ideas?

Im also getting this so im starting to think that somehow my video card is dead or dying.
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a b $ Windows 7
May 2, 2011 8:30:55 AM

It is common when playing about with the cooler to inadvertently dislodge the graphics card. Remove the graphics card and refit.
May 2, 2011 1:34:55 PM

I'll give that a shot.
m
l
May 2, 2011 1:52:44 PM

Nope, did not help. Is it possible that I screwed on the cooler to tight and bent some pins on my cpu socket?
m
l
May 2, 2011 8:19:00 PM

Well CPU is fine it is picked up just fine in bios I am beginning to think that I somehow screwed up my gpu though. I loaded the latest driver 270 for nvidia and it boots to windows but will not pick up the gpu at all. If I reload the 266 drivers after running driver sweeper of course it experiences the windows recovery error. I am thinking I will probably need a new gou now sigh
m
l
May 3, 2011 8:09:53 PM

Best answer selected by zoltar.
m
l
!