Solved

Windows Recovery Error after installing H50 cooler.

solved thanks
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about windows recovery error installing cooler
  1. I would of thought it was complete logic, you fitted a new cooler then tried your pc and it gave you an error.
    It is likely the cooler is not fitted right on the cpu die, bad contact.
    so i would take it off and do a double check of it to make sure it is sat right, firmly down.

Also have a check you did not knock your memory sticks and they are seated right in there slots.
  2. cooler is nice and snug. memory passed a check so its good as well. any other ideas?

Im also getting this so im starting to think that somehow my video card is dead or dying.
  3. Best answer
    It is common when playing about with the cooler to inadvertently dislodge the graphics card. Remove the graphics card and refit.
  4. I'll give that a shot.
  5. Nope, did not help. Is it possible that I screwed on the cooler to tight and bent some pins on my cpu socket?
  6. Well CPU is fine it is picked up just fine in bios I am beginning to think that I somehow screwed up my gpu though. I loaded the latest driver 270 for nvidia and it boots to windows but will not pick up the gpu at all. If I reload the 266 drivers after running driver sweeper of course it experiences the windows recovery error. I am thinking I will probably need a new gou now sigh
  7. Best answer selected by zoltar.
Ask a new question

Read More

Cooling Windows Recovery Windows 7