How to update win2k to win2003

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
December 27, 2004 2:18:25 PM

I would update win2k AD to win2003 AD,I want to know how to do it.

Source :( Win2k Advanced server+sp4)+Active directory+(Exchange2k+sp3)
Target:( Win2003 ent)+Active directory+(Exchange2k+sp3)

In this system I only want to update Win2k to win2003,not update Exchange.

More about : update win2k win2003

Anonymous
December 27, 2004 2:18:26 PM

"jack" <wu1@ecustmde.com> wrote in message
> I would update win2k AD to win2003 AD,I want to know how to do it.

For Win2000:
Put in the update disk and following the menu
that will autostart (if you have that enabled)
or run the contents of the autostart.inf file
by manually typing it.

If you have (had) multiple DCs then they must
be fully replicated or dead ones cleared from
AD (NTDSUtil metadata cleanup)

Double check with someone else for any gotchas
with Exchange 2K.

--
Herb Martin

!