Getting a GeForce 7800GS... BFG or XFX?

Chasemo

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2006
I'm going to grab a GeForce 7800GS since I use AGP and don't have the time or money to switch to PCI Express yet, the question is though... get a XFX GeForce 7800GS, or a BFG GeForce 7800GS OC? What's the differences, and what makes the better one better? I've been trying to Google the answers, but I'm not getting any good answers.

The reason I'm wanting this card is because my ATi Radeon 9800 XT has been giving me problems, so I'm not really getting this new card for a upgrade exactly, but just to get rid of these problems.

GeneticWeapon

Splendid
Jan 13, 2003
I'm going to grab a GeForce 7800GS since I use AGP and don't have the time or money to switch to PCI Express yet, the question is though... get a XFX GeForce 7800GS, or a BFG GeForce 7800GS OC? What's the differences, and what makes the better one better? I've been trying to Google the answers, but I'm not getting any good answers.

The reason I'm wanting this card is because my ATi Radeon 9800 XT has been giving me problems, so I'm not really getting this new card for a upgrade exactly, but just to get rid of these problems.
I've never liked XFX cards....even back when Pine was the name of the company.

BFG on the other hand is great, and their warranty is as good as it gets.

The 7800GS I bought was the cheapest model available, but turned out to be one of the best overclockers I've seen.

Score in sig.

MarkG

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2004
I think the boards are pretty much the same, so the biggest difference would probably be warranty and support. I've been happy with my XFX card and their fix for the 'cold bug', but some others haven't.

BoRDeNWaSSeR_RoCCo

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2006
I know it isn't one of your list but I have very good experiences with Asus ; they gave me very good support with my graphicscards and come with excellent warrenty of 3 years.

TRENDING THREADS