Query to compare Active Directory with MS SQL

To compare computersaccounts stored in the antivirus management
database (MS SQL) with the computeraccounts defined in the Active
Directory I need a query. Normally I use MS Access 2002 to compare
tables. How can I connect to the Active Directory so that I can use it
in MS Access as an ordinary table?

--
http://www.WindowsForumz.com/ This article was posted by author's request
Topic URL: http://www.WindowsForumz.com/Active-Directory-Query-compare-MS-SQL-ftopict243081.html

Actually, ADSI allows you to query the AD using SQL queries. You can use
ADO.net (or just ADO) to select from each and do a compare... You could
also pass to an SPROC and have unmatched dropped to another table.

I used to do this against a SQL database to synch my AS/400 users to AD.
(Populated SQL with a batch script from the 400)
--
Ryan Hanisco
MCSE, MCDBA