SOS Please advice. ADC Crashed server !

Please note I only have 1 domain called Cyclone.
One of my server crashed. Its unrecoverable. No backups to restore from. The
server that is unrecoverable is called M2000. It was an ADC. I have another
server in my domain that is called PDC which is my main server for AD and
have all the roles.

I tried using the NTDSUTIL utility to cleanup ADC but it gets stuck on
select operation target when I enter the " select domain number ". It kicks
me back to slect operation target.

I am following the steps from http://support.microsoft.com/?id=216498 which
were suggested to me under my post of
"Lost My Additional domain controller"

What do I do? If someone can help me I would appreciate this.
Please send me your phone number to supportj@gmail.com I will respond
immediately. I will be obliged for ever if someone can really help me here.

C:\>ntdsutil
ntdsutil: meta cleanup
metadata cleanup: connections
server connections: connect to server PDC
Binding to PDC ...
Connected to PDC using credentials of locally logged on user
server connections: quit
metadata cleanup: select operation target
select operation target:
select operation target: list domains
Found 1 domain(s)
0 - DC=CYCLONE,DC=com
select operation target: select domain 0
No current site
Domain - DC=CYCLONE,DC=com
No current server
No current Naming Context
select operation target:

9.Type select domain number and press ENTER, where number is the number
associated with the domain the server you are removing is a member of. The
domain you select is used to determine if the server being removed is the
last domain controller of that domain.
10. Type list sites and press ENTER. A list of sites, each with an
associated number, is displayed.
11. Type select site number and press ENTER, where number is the number
associated with the site the server you are removing is a member of. You
should receive a confirmation listing the site and domain you chose.
12. Type list servers in site and press ENTER. A list of servers in the
site, each with an associated number, is displayed.
13. Type select server number, where number is the number associated with
the server you want to remove. You receive a confirmation listing the
selected server, its Domain Name Server (DNS) host name, and the location of
the server's computer account you want to remove.
14. Type quit and press ENTER. The Metadata Cleanup menu appears.

The server I am trying to remove is the ADC....

What do you exactly mean by "ADC"?
Say "PDC" is the surviving domain controller in the AD domain, you should
connect to it for all attempts to remove the unrecoverable (DC?) "M2000".

"Jazzman" wrote:

> Please note I only have 1 domain called Cyclone.
> One of my server crashed. Its unrecoverable. No backups to restore from. The
> server that is unrecoverable is called M2000. It was an ADC. I have another
> server in my domain that is called PDC which is my main server for AD and
> have all the roles.
>
> I tried using the NTDSUTIL utility to cleanup ADC but it gets stuck on
> select operation target when I enter the " select domain number ". It kicks
> me back to slect operation target.
>
> I am following the steps from http://support.microsoft.com/?id=216498 which
> were suggested to me under my post of
> "Lost My Additional domain controller"
>
> What do I do? If someone can help me I would appreciate this.
> Please send me your phone number to supportj@gmail.com I will respond
> immediately. I will be obliged for ever if someone can really help me here.
>

> C:\>ntdsutil
> ntdsutil: meta cleanup
> metadata cleanup: connections
> server connections: connect to server PDC
> Binding to PDC ...
> Connected to PDC using credentials of locally logged on user
> server connections: quit
> metadata cleanup: select operation target
> select operation target:
> select operation target: list domains
> Found 1 domain(s)
> 0 - DC=CYCLONE,DC=com
> select operation target: select domain 0
> No current site
> Domain - DC=CYCLONE,DC=com
> No current server
> No current Naming Context
> select operation target:
>

> 9.Type select domain number and press ENTER, where number is the number
> associated with the domain the server you are removing is a member of. The
> domain you select is used to determine if the server being removed is the
> last domain controller of that domain.
> 10. Type list sites and press ENTER. A list of sites, each with an
> associated number, is displayed.
> 11. Type select site number and press ENTER, where number is the number
> associated with the site the server you are removing is a member of. You
> should receive a confirmation listing the site and domain you chose.
> 12. Type list servers in site and press ENTER. A list of servers in the
> site, each with an associated number, is displayed.
> 13. Type select server number, where number is the number associated with
> the server you want to remove. You receive a confirmation listing the
> selected server, its Domain Name Server (DNS) host name, and the location of
> the server's computer account you want to remove.
> 14. Type quit and press ENTER. The Metadata Cleanup menu appears.
>

> The server I am trying to remove is the ADC....

By ADC I mean Additional domain controller.
M2000 was my additional domain controller.
PDC is surving domain controller and thats what I connected to.

"Desmond Lee" wrote:

> What do you exactly mean by "ADC"?
> Say "PDC" is the surviving domain controller in the AD domain, you should
> connect to it for all attempts to remove the unrecoverable (DC?) "M2000".
>
> "Jazzman" wrote:
>
> > Please note I only have 1 domain called Cyclone.
> > One of my server crashed. Its unrecoverable. No backups to restore from. The
> > server that is unrecoverable is called M2000. It was an ADC. I have another
> > server in my domain that is called PDC which is my main server for AD and
> > have all the roles.
> >
> > I tried using the NTDSUTIL utility to cleanup ADC but it gets stuck on
> > select operation target when I enter the " select domain number ". It kicks
> > me back to slect operation target.
> >
> > I am following the steps from http://support.microsoft.com/?id=216498 which
> > were suggested to me under my post of
> > "Lost My Additional domain controller"
> >
> > What do I do? If someone can help me I would appreciate this.
> > Please send me your phone number to supportj@gmail.com I will respond
> > immediately. I will be obliged for ever if someone can really help me here.
> >

> > C:\>ntdsutil
> > ntdsutil: meta cleanup
> > metadata cleanup: connections
> > server connections: connect to server PDC
> > Binding to PDC ...
> > Connected to PDC using credentials of locally logged on user
> > server connections: quit
> > metadata cleanup: select operation target
> > select operation target:
> > select operation target: list domains
> > Found 1 domain(s)
> > 0 - DC=CYCLONE,DC=com
> > select operation target: select domain 0
> > No current site
> > Domain - DC=CYCLONE,DC=com
> > No current server
> > No current Naming Context
> > select operation target:
> >

> > 9.Type select domain number and press ENTER, where number is the number
> > associated with the domain the server you are removing is a member of. The
> > domain you select is used to determine if the server being removed is the
> > last domain controller of that domain.
> > 10. Type list sites and press ENTER. A list of sites, each with an
> > associated number, is displayed.
> > 11. Type select site number and press ENTER, where number is the number
> > associated with the site the server you are removing is a member of. You
> > should receive a confirmation listing the site and domain you chose.
> > 12. Type list servers in site and press ENTER. A list of servers in the
> > site, each with an associated number, is displayed.
> > 13. Type select server number, where number is the number associated with
> > the server you want to remove. You receive a confirmation listing the
> > selected server, its Domain Name Server (DNS) host name, and the location of
> > the server's computer account you want to remove.
> > 14. Type quit and press ENTER. The Metadata Cleanup menu appears.
> >

> > The server I am trying to remove is the ADC....

Never mind I figured it out. I completely followed the
steps this time and it worked.

TRENDING THREADS