console on xbox

CJ

Distinguished
May 4, 2004

In article <2q2dnUZAAYuJkRbdRVn-gw@comcast.com>, psychoticx@comcast.net
says...
> is there any way to access the console on the x-box??

I wish there were... If there is a way, I have not found it yet. I was
looking into this a while back and came up with nothing. To me, this is
really bad because you cannot access the 'RA' command for Reset Actors.
And since every NPC moves a little bit to the right every time you enter
an area, you can get really screwed on the XBox version (for example, an
NPC can fall through the floor and your quest will be hosed
permanently!)

Anyway, so I decided to stick to the PC version.

> I wish there were... If there is a way, I have not found it yet. I was
> looking into this a while back and came up with nothing. To me, this is
> really bad because you cannot access the 'RA' command for Reset Actors.
> And since every NPC moves a little bit to the right every time you enter
> an area, you can get really screwed on the XBox version (for example, an
> NPC can fall through the floor and your quest will be hosed
> permanently!)

WOOOT? You'r not serious are you?

-M

CJ

Distinguished
May 4, 2004

In article <c95pvj$sgi$1@phys-news1.kolumbus.fi>,
miika.turtiainen@kymp.net says...

> > I wish there were... If there is a way, I have not found it yet. I was
> > looking into this a while back and came up with nothing. To me, this is
> > really bad because you cannot access the 'RA' command for Reset Actors.
> > And since every NPC moves a little bit to the right every time you enter
> > an area, you can get really screwed on the XBox version (for example, an
> > NPC can fall through the floor and your quest will be hosed
> > permanently!)
>

> WOOOT? You'r not serious are you?
>
> -M

Of course I'm serious... Exactly what part would you think I'm not
serious about...

1) All NPC's move a little to their right when you enter a cell.

2) NPC's can fall through the floor and dissapear.

Both of these are pretty much established facts with the game.
Spefically, the female orc in the Balmora Mage's guild is notorious for
this behaviour.

CJ wrote:
> In article <c95pvj$sgi$1@phys-news1.kolumbus.fi>,
> miika.turtiainen@kymp.net says...
>

>>>I wish there were... If there is a way, I have not found it yet. I was
>>>looking into this a while back and came up with nothing. To me, this is
>>>really bad because you cannot access the 'RA' command for Reset Actors.
>>>And since every NPC moves a little bit to the right every time you enter
>>>an area, you can get really screwed on the XBox version (for example, an
>>>NPC can fall through the floor and your quest will be hosed
>>>permanently!)
>>

>>WOOOT? You'r not serious are you?
>>
>>-M
>>

> Of course I'm serious... Exactly what part would you think I'm not
> serious about...
>
> 1) All NPC's move a little to their right when you enter a cell.
>
> 2) NPC's can fall through the floor and dissapear.
>
> Both of these are pretty much established facts with the game.
> Spefically, the female orc in the Balmora Mage's guild is notorious for
> this behaviour.

damn.

thats what I was wondering about. thanks for answering.

-M

CJ

Distinguished
May 4, 2004

On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 20:40:20 +0300, Miika Turtiainen
<miika.turtiainen@kymp.net> wrote:

>CJ wrote:
>> In article <c95pvj$sgi$1@phys-news1.kolumbus.fi>,
>> miika.turtiainen@kymp.net says...

>>>WOOOT? You'r not serious are you?
>>>
>>>-M
>>>

>> Of course I'm serious... Exactly what part would you think I'm not
>> serious about...
>>
>> 1) All NPC's move a little to their right when you enter a cell.
>>
>> 2) NPC's can fall through the floor and dissapear.
>>
>> Both of these are pretty much established facts with the game.
>> Spefically, the female orc in the Balmora Mage's guild is notorious for
>> this behaviour.
>
>damn.
>
>thats what I was wondering about. thanks for answering.
>
>-M

Of course, keep in mind that many people play the XBox version with no
problems at all. However, for me the ability to use the console to
fix any problems that might occur is very nice. Plus, there are some
great mods available for the PC.