Whats the Best Pocket PC?

November 30, 2004 11:14:35 AM

What's the best pocket PC out there for its value? I'm not interested in
making phone calls from it. My main usage would be using the Terminal
Service client plus any other applications that would help me manage my
network.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Jasper

More about : whats pocket

Anonymous
November 30, 2004 2:40:50 PM

Easy.

Samsung i700

BMW 325is

I can tell you the best foods and colors also ;-)

Unfortunatly, this is an answer that is subjective rather than objective.
Like the others said. You'll need to figure out what you want and go after
that.

"Jasper Recto" <jrecto99@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> What's the best pocket PC out there for its value? I'm not interested in
> making phone calls from it. My main usage would be using the Terminal
> Service client plus any other applications that would help me manage my
> network.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Thanks,
> Jasper

November 30, 2004 4:25:37 PM

Loox 720
"Jasper Recto" <jrecto99@yahoo.com> escreveu na mensagem
> What's the best pocket PC out there for its value? I'm not interested in
> making phone calls from it. My main usage would be using the Terminal
> Service client plus any other applications that would help me manage my
> network.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Thanks,
> Jasper

November 30, 2004 5:30:12 PM

Jasper,

A good place to start may be the Pocket PC magazine Buyers Guide

http://www.pocketpcmag.com/bg04/ppcs.asp

You can do model comparisions and get a good list of features of each
device.

Regards,

--
Clinton Fitch
Editor-in-Chief

"Jasper Recto" <jrecto99@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> What's the best pocket PC out there for its value? I'm not interested in
> making phone calls from it. My main usage would be using the Terminal
> Service client plus any other applications that would help me manage my
> network.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Thanks,
> Jasper

Anonymous
November 30, 2004 5:34:29 PM

Isn't this always a question that differs per person.

We do not know. You'll have to get into it yourself. Compare different
models. There are many options and characteristics to look at.

So find out yourself what's best for you.

"Jasper Recto" <jrecto99@yahoo.com> schreef in bericht
> What's the best pocket PC out there for its value? I'm not interested in
> making phone calls from it. My main usage would be using the Terminal
> Service client plus any other applications that would help me manage my
> network.
>
> Any thoughts?
Anonymous
November 30, 2004 7:17:03 PM

When you get the answer, I'd also like to know what's the best car.

"Jasper Recto" <jrecto99@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> What's the best pocket PC out there for its value? I'm not interested in
> making phone calls from it. My main usage would be using the Terminal
> Service client plus any other applications that would help me manage my
> network.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Thanks,
> Jasper

Anonymous
November 30, 2004 7:17:04 PM

LOL !

On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 16:17:03 +0200, "Andrew H" <ajhpms@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>When you get the answer, I'd also like to know what's the best car.
>

>"Jasper Recto" <jrecto99@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> What's the best pocket PC out there for its value? I'm not interested in
>> making phone calls from it. My main usage would be using the Terminal
>> Service client plus any other applications that would help me manage my
>> network.
>>
>> Any thoughts?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Jasper

Anonymous
November 30, 2004 7:17:04 PM

Good afternoon...

On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 16:17:03 +0200, Andrew H <ajhpms@hotmail.com> wrote:

> When you get the answer, I'd also like to know what's the best car.
>
> "Jasper Recto" <jrecto99@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> What's the best pocket PC out there for its value?
>> Jasper

the funny part is it's not so different from buying a car.

the latest and greatest technology is old and boring by the time the new
pda (car) smell wears off.

and they all run on the same os (gasoline) that pollutes our environment
and makes people sick.

the difference is service.

i did some research, and bang-for-the-buck there was none better than the
dell axim x3i. but one call to dell tech support and you won't worry
about outsourcing to india any more. they are useless!!! they once
insisted i clean the ball on my mouse in order to resolve an issue with my
pda.

good luck.

--
Headed for the second star to the right and straight on 'til morning...

Eric Schultz
(aka Storkman)

Photos: http://community.webshots.com/user/storky1
Homepage: http://www.cameron-schultz.ca

November 30, 2004 7:17:05 PM

Eric Schultz wrote:
> Good afternoon...
>
> On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 16:17:03 +0200, Andrew H <ajhpms@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> When you get the answer, I'd also like to know what's the best car.
>>
>> "Jasper Recto" <jrecto99@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>
>>> What's the best pocket PC out there for its value? Jasper
>>>

> the funny part is it's not so different from buying a car.
>
> the latest and greatest technology is old and boring by the time the
> new pda (car) smell wears off.
>
> and they all run on the same os (gasoline) that pollutes our
> environment and makes people sick.
>
> the difference is service.
>
> i did some research, and bang-for-the-buck there was none better than
> the dell axim x3i. but one call to dell tech support and you won't
> worry about outsourcing to india any more. they are useless!!! they
> once insisted i clean the ball on my mouse in order to resolve an issue
> with my pda.
>
> good luck.

It all boils down to what you can afford.

Carol
Anonymous
November 30, 2004 7:17:05 PM

The best pocket pc is the one that has all or most of the qualities that you
want in a pda. This subject is too loaded as everyone has a favorite device
that appeals to them. If at all possible I'd go somewhere local with
display units and have your way with them, maybe before going you should
compile a list of things you want in a device and see which one comes close
to what you want.

rights...
Anonymous
December 1, 2004 4:38:22 AM

My money is on the Dell offerings. PC World gave the X30 its top rating last
month, but the new X50 offers even more. HP is shooting itself in the foot
with so many models; while choice is often a good thing, too many choices is
not.

"Jasper Recto" <jrecto99@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> What's the best pocket PC out there for its value? I'm not interested in
> making phone calls from it. My main usage would be using the Terminal
> Service client plus any other applications that would help me manage my
> network.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Thanks,
> Jasper

Anonymous
December 1, 2004 4:57:15 PM

It is true, the best for you is the one that does what you need.

After searching around I got the Dell X30 High, has the most power and
the cost is less then the others. And customer support is good.
Anonymous
December 1, 2004 8:02:16 PM

The best Pocket PC is that one that best fulfills your requirements from it.

--
Helio Diamant - MS/MVP Mobile Devices
http://www.pocketpcfreak.com

"Jasper Recto" <jrecto99@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> What's the best pocket PC out there for its value? I'm not interested in
> making phone calls from it. My main usage would be using the Terminal
> Service client plus any other applications that would help me manage my
> network.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Thanks,
> Jasper

Anonymous
December 1, 2004 8:02:17 PM

YES! YES! YES! Which means of course that you need to think and define
your requirements.

Helio Diamant - MS/MVP, Mobile Devices wrote:
> The best Pocket PC is that one that best fulfills your requirements from it.

Anonymous
December 1, 2004 8:14:48 PM

Not to get smacked by too many people, but as far as Dell and Toshiba are
concerned I have had a Toshiba 500 series (I think it was) and a Dell X30,
and my Dell X30 locks up and I have to soft reset it about 3 to 5 times a
day with 2 to 4 hours of use per day average. When I had my Toshiba it
locked up 2 times in 8 months. I regularly install and remove 4 to 40
programs on a weekly basis, access the internet (via a sprint card on the
Toshiba and WiFi on the Dell)play games, MP3's WMA's, install themes, read
PDF files, (I play NES and GBA games a lot too, so I am running emulators on
it,) I use Avant go to attempt to know at least a little bit of what is
going on in the world, keep a list of local WiFi spots, and keep track of
the weather where I live and at my parents house. I also use my PDA as an
alarm clock and the Toshiba was perfect at that, the Dell I had to create my
own alarm sounds as the shipped with alarms would never wake me, even if I
was still awake. I think the Toshiba had better sound output, as I often
grumble about the volume of my Dell, and I do not know if I got a bad unit,
but my dell always has bad static when I record sounds, I had to set it to
the maximum quality to even understand anything recorded from the radio, but
my voice (when placed fairly close to the mic) comes through not too bad;
however with my Toshiba I could record off the radio in my car and be able
to play it back on the PDA or my PC (through a stereo receiver) and it
sounded as good as a CD.
From a stereo 22k (or 18k what ever the setting was) recording. I also
regularly use my PDA for contact info and appointment scheduling.

On a good note for the Dell, it does have the nice ability to increase the
brightness via a shortcut key, and views fairly well in sunlight (not direct
though). And I did do a rom update with no problems, something the Toshiba
I had was not able to do at all.

so take it for what its worth, but I won't be buying a Dell again. (unless
Toshiba stops making PDA's)

"Jasper Recto" <jrecto99@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> What's the best pocket PC out there for its value? I'm not interested in
> making phone calls from it. My main usage would be using the Terminal
> Service client plus any other applications that would help me manage my
> network.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Thanks,
> Jasper

Anonymous
December 1, 2004 8:54:09 PM

Speaking of that. I know I can make my own alarms using any .wav file. I
assume I can use the Windows Wave Recorder to even turn up the volume on
existing alarms. However, I'm curious if anyone has found a website where
someone has posted a bunch of nice alarms. I'm wanting "real" PDA-like
alarms that are loud, not some pop song or South Park episode (those I'll
make myself :-).

I have this same issue with my cellphone. No one makes simple beeps and
blips to use for message and vmail notification. Its all real music and tv
and movie clips. Don't get me wrong, I love all that stuff and have a lot
loaded on both my phone and my iPAQ 4155, but I'd like some simple ones to
use for work environments.

Anyway, its worth asking before I re-invent the wheel here...

--
Tim Nicholson
tim@pdainfosource.com

"finndo" <finndo@sc.rr.com> wrote in message
Old Title: Re: Whats the Best Pocket PC?
> I also use my PDA as an alarm clock and the Toshiba was perfect at that,
> the Dell I had to create my own alarm sounds as the shipped with alarms
> would never wake me, even if I was still awake.
Anonymous
December 2, 2004 1:34:03 AM

How about some of these 'comedy classic' star-trek WAVs ?
http://www.orion27.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/starwavs.htm

Cheers - Neil

On Wed, 01 Dec 2004 17:54:09 GMT, "Tim Nicholson"
<tim@pdainfosource.com> wrote:

>Speaking of that. I know I can make my own alarms using any .wav file. I
>assume I can use the Windows Wave Recorder to even turn up the volume on
>existing alarms. However, I'm curious if anyone has found a website where
>someone has posted a bunch of nice alarms. I'm wanting "real" PDA-like
>alarms that are loud, not some pop song or South Park episode (those I'll
>make myself :-).
>
>I have this same issue with my cellphone. No one makes simple beeps and
>blips to use for message and vmail notification. Its all real music and tv
>and movie clips. Don't get me wrong, I love all that stuff and have a lot
>loaded on both my phone and my iPAQ 4155, but I'd like some simple ones to
>use for work environments.
>
>Anyway, its worth asking before I re-invent the wheel here...
Anonymous
December 2, 2004 3:41:24 PM

Just out of curiosity, what is the best color?

"Chance Hopkins" <chance_hopkins@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Easy.
>
> Samsung i700
>
> BMW 325is
>
> I can tell you the best foods and colors also ;-)
>
> Unfortunatly, this is an answer that is subjective rather than objective.
> Like the others said. You'll need to figure out what you want and go after
> that.
>

> "Jasper Recto" <jrecto99@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> What's the best pocket PC out there for its value? I'm not interested in
>> making phone calls from it. My main usage would be using the Terminal
>> Service client plus any other applications that would help me manage my
>> network.
>>
>> Any thoughts?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Jasper

Anonymous
December 2, 2004 3:41:25 PM

Green, for sure.

On Thu, 2 Dec 2004 12:41:24 +0200, "Andrew H" <ajhpms@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Just out of curiosity, what is the best color?
>

>"Chance Hopkins" <chance_hopkins@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Easy.
>>
>> Samsung i700
>>
>> BMW 325is
>>
>> I can tell you the best foods and colors also ;-)
>>
>> Unfortunatly, this is an answer that is subjective rather than objective.
>> Like the others said. You'll need to figure out what you want and go after
>> that.
>>

>> "Jasper Recto" <jrecto99@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>> What's the best pocket PC out there for its value? I'm not interested in
>>> making phone calls from it. My main usage would be using the Terminal
>>> Service client plus any other applications that would help me manage my
>>> network.
>>>
>>> Any thoughts?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Jasper

Anonymous
December 2, 2004 4:58:45 PM

Thanks, good to know.

"Neil Smith [MVP Digital Media]" <neil@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Green, for sure.
>
> On Thu, 2 Dec 2004 12:41:24 +0200, "Andrew H" <ajhpms@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>>Just out of curiosity, what is the best color?
>>

>>"Chance Hopkins" <chance_hopkins@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Easy.
>>>
>>> Samsung i700
>>>
>>> BMW 325is
>>>
>>> I can tell you the best foods and colors also ;-)
>>>
>>> Unfortunatly, this is an answer that is subjective rather than
>>> objective.
>>> Like the others said. You'll need to figure out what you want and go
>>> after
>>> that.
>>>

>>> "Jasper Recto" <jrecto99@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Anonymous
December 2, 2004 6:53:50 PM

"Neil Smith [MVP Digital Media]" <neil@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Green, for sure.

For sure :-)

> On Thu, 2 Dec 2004 12:41:24 +0200, "Andrew H" <ajhpms@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>>Just out of curiosity, what is the best color?
>>

>>"Chance Hopkins" <chance_hopkins@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Easy.
>>>
>>> Samsung i700
>>>
>>> BMW 325is
>>>
>>> I can tell you the best foods and colors also ;-)
>>>
>>> Unfortunatly, this is an answer that is subjective rather than
>>> objective.
>>> Like the others said. You'll need to figure out what you want and go
>>> after
>>> that.
>>>

>>> "Jasper Recto" <jrecto99@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Anonymous
December 2, 2004 9:54:10 PM

IMHO, It's Blue

"Neil Smith [MVP Digital Media]" <neil@nospam.com> escribió en el mensaje
> Green, for sure.
>
> On Thu, 2 Dec 2004 12:41:24 +0200, "Andrew H" <ajhpms@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Just out of curiosity, what is the best color?
> >

> >"Chance Hopkins" <chance_hopkins@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >> Easy.
> >>
> >> Samsung i700
> >>
> >> BMW 325is
> >>
> >> I can tell you the best foods and colors also ;-)
> >>
> >> Unfortunatly, this is an answer that is subjective rather than
objective.
> >> Like the others said. You'll need to figure out what you want and go
after
> >> that.
> >>

> >> "Jasper Recto" <jrecto99@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Anonymous
January 17, 2005 12:02:05 AM

"Manuel Romero" <mromeropNO@SPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in
news:o TSvEkM2EHA.924@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl:

> IMHO, It's Blue
>
> "Neil Smith [MVP Digital Media]" <neil@nospam.com> escribió en el
> mensaje news:il0uq0h1r3o6ijrt13lj0nklhh62ko9vie@4ax.com...
>> Green, for sure.
>>
>> On Thu, 2 Dec 2004 12:41:24 +0200, "Andrew H" <ajhpms@hotmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >Just out of curiosity, what is the best color?
>> >

>> >"Chance Hopkins" <chance_hopkins@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> objective.
> after

> in
> my

Ble is a little buggy, though it is upgradeable if your retna is
flashable.

--
RPA - Raggio Pocket PC Applications