Buydig / Beech Camera

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
April 20, 2005 9:27:30 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital,comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

I'm told that Buydig is a branch of Beech Camera. Are these reputable
vendors for printers and cameras? They have good prices on the HP
1320 that I was considering. Any reason to avoid them?

Thanks

More about : buydig beech camera

Anonymous
April 20, 2005 9:27:31 PM

On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 17:27:30 -0400, _R <_R@nomail.org> wrote:

>I'm told that Buydig is a branch of Beech Camera. Are these reputable
>vendors for printers and cameras? They have good prices on the HP
>1320 that I was considering. Any reason to avoid them?

Here check them out.

http://www.resellerratings.com/
Anonymous
April 20, 2005 9:56:52 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital,comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

Buydig is pretty good. I purchased 3 cameras from them, never had a problem.
The only thing was, after my last order (I was buying it for a friend who
did not have a credit card) an agent called me from buydig and asked "what I
was going to do with all those cameras" (That was my 3rd order in 6 months)
even though it's none of his business. He was like interrogating me and I
hated it.

"_R" <_R@nomail.org> wrote in message
> I'm told that Buydig is a branch of Beech Camera. Are these reputable
> vendors for printers and cameras? They have good prices on the HP
> 1320 that I was considering. Any reason to avoid them?
>
> Thanks
Anonymous
April 20, 2005 9:56:53 PM

Ozgur Inal wrote:
> Buydig is pretty good. I purchased 3 cameras from them, never had a
> problem. The only thing was, after my last order (I was buying it for
> a friend who did not have a credit card) an agent called me from
> buydig and asked "what I was going to do with all those cameras"
> (That was my 3rd order in 6 months) even though it's none of his
> business. He was like interrogating me and I hated it.
>

> "_R" <_R@nomail.org> wrote in message
>> I'm told that Buydig is a branch of Beech Camera. Are these
>> reputable vendors for printers and cameras? They have good prices
>> on the HP 1320 that I was considering. Any reason to avoid them?
>>
>> Thanks

He was probably worried that his prices were too low, and you were
selling them and making money that should have been _his_.
Anonymous
April 20, 2005 10:42:36 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital,comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

"_R" <_R@nomail.org> wrote in message
> I'm told that Buydig is a branch of Beech Camera. Are these reputable
> vendors for printers and cameras? They have good prices on the HP
> 1320 that I was considering. Any reason to avoid them?

Didn't know about the reltionship, but I got my D70 kit from Buydig. No
problems.
April 21, 2005 5:54:58 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital,comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

Beech has a long history of screwing the public. I don't know about their
web operation. I never deal with people I don't trust.

--
http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto

"_R" <_R@nomail.org> wrote in message
> I'm told that Buydig is a branch of Beech Camera. Are these reputable
> vendors for printers and cameras? They have good prices on the HP
> 1320 that I was considering. Any reason to avoid them?
>
> Thanks
Anonymous
April 21, 2005 5:54:59 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital,comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

"Tony" <tspadaro@nc.rr.com> wrote

> Beech has a long history of screwing the public. I don't know about their
> web operation. I never deal with people I don't trust.

When did you ever buy from them?
I bought a camera from them and everything went fine.
Anonymous
April 21, 2005 6:28:58 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital,comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 16:52:22 -0500, John A. Stovall
<johnastovall@earthlink.net> wrote:

>On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 17:27:30 -0400, _R <_R@nomail.org> wrote:
>
>>I'm told that Buydig is a branch of Beech Camera. Are these reputable
>>vendors for printers and cameras? They have good prices on the HP
>>1320 that I was considering. Any reason to avoid them?
>
>Here check them out.
>
>http://www.resellerratings.com/

Buydig is at the top of the second tier, B&H and comparable being in
the first.
Anonymous
April 21, 2005 8:29:29 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital,comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

I bought from Buydig (Panasonic PV-GS120) no problems.
Emailing a question to them about delivery...it was from Beech Camera!

b_d
Anonymous
April 21, 2005 9:18:33 AM

_R wrote:
> I'm told that Buydig is a branch of Beech Camera. Are these
reputable
> vendors for printers and cameras? They have good prices on the HP
> 1320 that I was considering. Any reason to avoid them?

I bought from Beachcamera in Nov'04. Good price and was shipped the
very next day. My cousin who went to the store said that they have
boxes and boxes piled up on the floor and were only interested in
showing you a camera if you bought one first.

- Siddhartha
Anonymous
April 21, 2005 9:20:24 AM

braine_d...@lycos.com wrote:
> I bought from Buydig (Panasonic PV-GS120) no problems.
> Emailing a question to them about delivery...it was from Beech
Camera!

Isn't that Beachcamera? ;)
Anonymous
April 21, 2005 1:19:31 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital,comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 16:52:22 -0500, John A. Stovall
<johnastovall@earthlink.net> wrote:

>On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 17:27:30 -0400, _R <_R@nomail.org> wrote:
>
>>I'm told that Buydig is a branch of Beech Camera. Are these reputable
>>vendors for printers and cameras? They have good prices on the HP
>>1320 that I was considering. Any reason to avoid them?
>
>Here check them out.
>
>http://www.resellerratings.com/

I bought my Kodak DX 7490 from Buydig. Great price too. No complaints
at all.
Want to Fix Something?

http://www.manuals4you.com
Anonymous
April 21, 2005 1:20:41 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital,comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

Beach has no such history... I have purchased from Beach and BuyDig, both with
perfect results.

Tim

"Tony" <tspadaro@nc.rr.com> wrote in message
Beech has a long history of screwing the public. I don't know about their
web operation. I never deal with people I don't trust.
April 22, 2005 1:40:37 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital,comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

Mater of fact it is. They were Beach Camera of Maine until they ran afoul of
the State's Attorney General for nasty practices, so they moved to Brooklyn
and/or New Jersey where the mob keeps the law off slimy operators like them.

--

"Siddhartha Jain" <losttoy@gmail.com> wrote in message
> braine_d...@lycos.com wrote:
> > I bought from Buydig (Panasonic PV-GS120) no problems.
> > Emailing a question to them about delivery...it was from Beech
> Camera!
>
> Isn't that Beachcamera? ;)

Anonymous
April 22, 2005 5:43:33 AM

Tony wrote:
> Mater of fact it is. They were Beach Camera of Maine until they ran
afoul of
> the State's Attorney General for nasty practices, so they moved to
Brooklyn
> and/or New Jersey where the mob keeps the law off slimy operators
like them.

I read somewhere that they revamped totally after that. But as my
cousin told me its not a shop where salespeople are waiting to serve
you. You walk-in, pay and then they let you open the box. So no
question of trying out cameras before buying.

- Siddhartha
Anonymous
April 22, 2005 7:21:22 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital,comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

"_R" <_R@nomail.org> wrote in message
> I'm told that Buydig is a branch of Beech Camera. Are these reputable
> vendors for printers and cameras? They have good prices on the HP
> 1320 that I was considering. Any reason to avoid them?
>
> Thanks

I have bought three digital cameras from Buydig.com and they are absolutely
first-rate to deal with. Very fast shipping and no annoying "confirmation"
calls such as some low-priced sellers use to try to sell you overpriced
accessories.

If you mean BEACH Camera, I doubt there's any connection with Buydig but I
don't really know. I have never dealt with Beach and probably never will,
since they have not enjoyed a very favorable reputation among buyers.

N.
Anonymous
April 22, 2005 11:40:01 PM

On 22 Apr 2005 in rec.photo.digital, Nostrobino wrote:

> If you mean BEACH Camera, I doubt there's any connection with Buydig
> but I don't really know. I have never dealt with Beach and probably
> never will, since they have not enjoyed a very favorable reputation
> among buyers.

Registrant:
beach trading co. (BUYDIG-DOM)
203 route 22 east
greenbrook, NJ 08812
US

Domain Name: BUYDIG.COM

Administrative Contact:
mosseri, solomon (SM16276)
Beach Trading co.
203 route 22 east
greenbrook, NJ 08812
US
(732) 424-1101 fax: (732) 424-1105

--
Joe Makowiec
http://makowiec.org/

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital,comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

I certainly wouldn't buy from them. When a place has no "Goodwill" there is
no reason to shop there.

--

> Tony wrote:
> > Mater of fact it is. They were Beach Camera of Maine until they ran
> afoul of
> > the State's Attorney General for nasty practices, so they moved to
> Brooklyn
> > and/or New Jersey where the mob keeps the law off slimy operators
> like them.
> >

> I read somewhere that they revamped totally after that. But as my
> cousin told me its not a shop where salespeople are waiting to serve
> you. You walk-in, pay and then they let you open the box. So no
> question of trying out cameras before buying.
>
> - Siddhartha

Anonymous
April 23, 2005 1:18:59 PM

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 21:19:33 GMT, "Tony" <tspadaro@nc.rr.com> wrote:

>I certainly wouldn't buy from them. When a place has no "Goodwill" there is
>no reason to shop there.

Unless you know exactly what you want and the price is substantially
lower.
Anonymous
April 24, 2005 1:16:53 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital,comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

In article <2pik611rhj3bq9foapajra0v5hhej0cvdp@4ax.com>, olc-
caNOSPAM@comcast.net says...
> On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 21:19:33 GMT, "Tony" <tspadaro@nc.rr.com> wrote:
>
> >I certainly wouldn't buy from them. When a place has no "Goodwill" there is
> >no reason to shop there.
>

> Unless you know exactly what you want and the price is substantially
> lower.

And then you may not actually get it or it may not be exactly the item
they promised.
The market is competitive enough that there is usually a reason that
a dealer is cheaper than the honest competitors.

--
Robert D Feinman
http://robertdfeinman.com

"Robert Feinman" <robertdfeinman@netscape.net> wrote in message
> In article <2pik611rhj3bq9foapajra0v5hhej0cvdp@4ax.com>, olc-
> caNOSPAM@comcast.net says...
>> On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 21:19:33 GMT, "Tony" <tspadaro@nc.rr.com> wrote:
>>
>> >I certainly wouldn't buy from them. When a place has no "Goodwill" there
>> >is
>> >no reason to shop there.
>>

>> Unless you know exactly what you want and the price is substantially
>> lower.
>>
> And then you may not actually get it or it may not be exactly the item
> they promised.

Maybe, but my own experience with BuyDig (three cameras so far) has been
100% satisfaction. The cameras came exactly as advertised, brand new, USA
warranty, and shipped as fast as any dealer I have ever used. And I've
bought tons of stuff online.

> The market is competitive enough that there is usually a reason that
> a dealer is cheaper than the honest competitors.

If that "than the honest competitors" is meant to suggest that honesty
increases with selling price, and low prices imply some degree of
dishonesty, that is just silly.

Undoubtedly there's a *reason* for lower prices. I can buy exactly the same
watch, appliance or DVD cheaper from K-Mart than I can from some other store
.. . . and cheaper still from Wal-Mart, and so on. For digital cameras my
experience is that the best prices are invariably found over the Internet.
In every case there must be some *reason*, e.g. economies from larger sales
volume, special purchases, more efficient business methods, lower business
costs or just more aggressive pricing. I don't really care what the *reason*
is as long as I can get exactly the same product at a substantially lower
price. It pays to shop around, which why we shop around.

N.
Anonymous
April 24, 2005 3:29:42 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital,comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 09:16:53 -0400, Robert Feinman
<robertdfeinman@netscape.net> wrote:

>In article <2pik611rhj3bq9foapajra0v5hhej0cvdp@4ax.com>, olc-
>caNOSPAM@comcast.net says...
>> On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 21:19:33 GMT, "Tony" <tspadaro@nc.rr.com> wrote:
>>
>> >I certainly wouldn't buy from them. When a place has no "Goodwill" there is
>> >no reason to shop there.
>>

>> Unless you know exactly what you want and the price is substantially
>> lower.
>>
>And then you may not actually get it or it may not be exactly the item
>they promised.
>The market is competitive enough that there is usually a reason that
>a dealer is cheaper than the honest competitors.

Why are there only two possibilities? Of course you avoid the scumbag
dealers who advertise prices so low as to be ridiculous, but there are
many dealers that have low prices and do deliver what they say they
will. Buydig happens to be one of them. I saved $200 there rather than
paying the higher prices at other Nikon authorized dealers.
Anonymous
April 25, 2005 5:14:16 AM

Robert Feinman wrote:
> And then you may not actually get it or it may not be exactly the
item
> they promised.
> The market is competitive enough that there is usually a reason that
> a dealer is cheaper than the honest competitors.

I don't think buydig/beachcamera practises switch-and-bait or that
hasn't been my experience atleast and of several people who've posted
to various message boards.

My guess is their business model depends on selling a lot more than the
competition but at lower margins. For example, while B&H advertised the
300D kit for $789, Beach sold it to me for $703. Thats roughly a 10%
discount that would've come out of their margins. The likes of B&H and
Adorama charge you that extra 10% because they have nice people
attending to you and they need to pay for the higher store upkeep as
compared to Beach/Buydig. B&H and Adorama must also carry larger
inventories and variety than Buydig/Beach. So both are honest but carry
different costs and have different business models.

- Siddhartha
April 25, 2005 11:17:39 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital,comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

I've purchased 2 cameras from Beach (via phone) with absolutely no
problems. The person I spoke with in each case was knowledgeable, and
did not try to push any accessories. He also told me that ordering by
phone is somewhat quicker than online, and in fact had my order in the
system before our phone call was ended.
Both cameras arrived in perfect condition, exactly as specified in the
description (i.e., everything that should have been included was
included), very well packaged, and very quickly.
I don't know what more you could ask of a company.
Anonymous
April 25, 2005 9:17:43 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital,comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

"_R" <_R@nomail.org> wrote in message
> I'm told that Buydig is a branch of Beech Camera. Are these reputable
> vendors for printers and cameras? They have good prices on the HP
> 1320 that I was considering. Any reason to avoid them?

You're correct, buydig and Beach are the same company.

Buydig is fine. I bought an S500 from them. A colleague bought a Canon
EOS-20D from them.

I was very wary of ordering from buydig, given the sordid history of Beach
Camera, but I think that this may be one case where a company has changed
its evil ways. No price changes, no calls from them to sell expensive
accessories.

One thing that I don't like about buydig, is that on the more popular, and
limited supply items, they occasionally will not even have it available
except in one of their kits (though this is happens only rarely).
Anonymous
April 25, 2005 9:20:01 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital,comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

"Siddhartha Jain" <losttoy@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Tony wrote:
> > Mater of fact it is. They were Beach Camera of Maine until they ran
> afoul of
> > the State's Attorney General for nasty practices, so they moved to
> Brooklyn
> > and/or New Jersey where the mob keeps the law off slimy operators
> like them.
> >

> I read somewhere that they revamped totally after that.

I think this is true. I had a bad time with them back around 1993, but
lately they seem to be fine.
Anonymous
April 25, 2005 9:27:20 PM

"Destin_FL" <mounttimmy@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Beach has no such history.

They do: http://tinylink.com/?0EBUQFCr8t

However, this is one case where a company seems to have changed for the
better. I have ordered from Buydig, as have at least two colleagues at work,
with no issues as far as I know.

Why on earth Beach didn't change their name when they decided to go
straight, is beyond me.
April 26, 2005 2:10:05 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital,comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

I wouldn't trust them to ship exactly what I ordered and I wouldn't want
them to have my credit card numbers. I don't trust Beach, and my lack of
trust has proven to be a good policy in matters concerning Brooklyn and New
Jersey camera stores.

--

"Oliver Costich" <olc-caNOSPAM@comcast.net> wrote in message
> On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 21:19:33 GMT, "Tony" <tspadaro@nc.rr.com> wrote:
>
> >I certainly wouldn't buy from them. When a place has no "Goodwill" there
is
> >no reason to shop there.
>

> Unless you know exactly what you want and the price is substantially
> lower.
Anonymous
April 26, 2005 2:10:06 AM

> I wouldn't trust them to ship exactly what I ordered and I wouldn't want
> them to have my credit card numbers. I don't trust Beach, and my lack of
> trust has proven to be a good policy in matters concerning Brooklyn and New
> Jersey camera stores.

Good, higher prices are just what you deserve.
Quite a bit of difference usually. About 20% on a 5.8gig telephone system
I recently purchased.
Anonymous
April 26, 2005 2:10:06 AM

On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 22:10:05 GMT, "Tony" <tspadaro@nc.rr.com> wrote:

> I wouldn't trust them to ship exactly what I ordered and I wouldn't want
>them to have my credit card numbers. I don't trust Beach, and my lack of
>trust has proven to be a good policy in matters concerning Brooklyn and New
>Jersey camera stores.

You have no basis other than blatant prejudice for Brooklyn camera
stores regardless of the facts. Feel free to pay higher prices than
you have to to get photo gear.
April 26, 2005 2:12:53 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital,comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

Are they a Nikon Authorized Dealer? Or do they buy thrrough another
dealership, and effectively sell grey market with an apparent US guarantee?
The distinction may not seem like much but if a company wants to get sticky
about it, you can end up with what is effectively an "as is" camera.

--

> On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 09:16:53 -0400, Robert Feinman
> <robertdfeinman@netscape.net> wrote:
>
> >In article <2pik611rhj3bq9foapajra0v5hhej0cvdp@4ax.com>, olc-
> >caNOSPAM@comcast.net says...

> >> Unless you know exactly what you want and the price is substantially
> >> lower.
> >>
> >And then you may not actually get it or it may not be exactly the item
> >they promised.
> >The market is competitive enough that there is usually a reason that
> >a dealer is cheaper than the honest competitors.
>

> Why are there only two possibilities? Of course you avoid the scumbag
> dealers who advertise prices so low as to be ridiculous, but there are
> many dealers that have low prices and do deliver what they say they
> will. Buydig happens to be one of them. I saved $200 there rather than
> paying the higher prices at other Nikon authorized dealers.

Anonymous
April 26, 2005 2:12:54 AM

On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 22:12:53 GMT, "Tony" <tspadaro@nc.rr.com> wrote:

> Are they a Nikon Authorized Dealer? Or do they buy thrrough another
>dealership, and effectively sell grey market with an apparent US guarantee?
>The distinction may not seem like much but if a company wants to get sticky
>about it, you can end up with what is effectively an "as is" camera.

Yes they are an authorized Nikon dealer, making the rest of your
paragraph moot.
April 26, 2005 6:44:30 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital,comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

Beach has been thrown out of at least one state for their nasty business
practices. I'd want to know from Nikon if they were a real dealer. I find it
best to simply avoid dealers with a strong reputation for shafting the
public. I know more than one person who has been given the old razzle dazzle
until they ended up spending more for the "better" version at Beach. I don't
reward cons and grifters. You may feel differently.
Beach has very mixed reviews here:
http://www.photo.net/neighbor/one-subcategory?id=2
Nooot good enough for me to risk my time or money.

--

> On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 22:12:53 GMT, "Tony" <tspadaro@nc.rr.com> wrote:
>
> > Are they a Nikon Authorized Dealer? Or do they buy thrrough another
> >dealership, and effectively sell grey market with an apparent US
guarantee?
> >The distinction may not seem like much but if a company wants to get
sticky
> >about it, you can end up with what is effectively an "as is" camera.
>

> Yes they are an authorized Nikon dealer, making the rest of your
> paragraph moot.
April 26, 2005 6:46:15 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital,comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

Why is it I get the feeling you work for one of the rip-off dealers?
Could it be because you are so strong on defending them?

--

> On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 22:10:05 GMT, "Tony" <tspadaro@nc.rr.com> wrote:
>
> > I wouldn't trust them to ship exactly what I ordered and I wouldn't
want
> >them to have my credit card numbers. I don't trust Beach, and my lack of
> >trust has proven to be a good policy in matters concerning Brooklyn and
New
> >Jersey camera stores.
>

> You have no basis other than blatant prejudice for Brooklyn camera
> stores regardless of the facts. Feel free to pay higher prices than
> you have to to get photo gear.

Anonymous
April 26, 2005 9:59:11 AM

On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 02:44:30 GMT, in comp.periphs.printers RE: Re:
Buydig / Beech Camera "Tony" <tspadaro@nc.rr.com> wrote:

> Beach has been thrown out of at least one state for their nasty business
>practices. I'd want to know from Nikon if they were a real dealer. I find it
>best to simply avoid dealers with a strong reputation for shafting the
>public. I know more than one person who has been given the old razzle dazzle
>until they ended up spending more for the "better" version at Beach. I don't
>reward cons and grifters. You may feel differently.
> Beach has very mixed reviews here:
>http://www.photo.net/neighbor/one-subcategory?id=2
>Nooot good enough for me to risk my time or money.

Well said.

--
To reply to me directly, remove the XXX characters from my email address.
Anonymous

"Steven M. Scharf" <scharf.steven@linkearth.net> wrote in message
> "_R" <_R@nomail.org> wrote in message
>> I'm told that Buydig is a branch of Beech Camera. Are these reputable
>> vendors for printers and cameras? They have good prices on the HP
>> 1320 that I was considering. Any reason to avoid them?
>
> You're correct, buydig and Beach are the same company.
>
> Buydig is fine. I bought an S500 from them. A colleague bought a Canon
> EOS-20D from them.
>
> I was very wary of ordering from buydig, given the sordid history of Beach
> Camera, but I think that this may be one case where a company has changed
> its evil ways. No price changes, no calls from them to sell expensive
> accessories.

I think you're probably right. Certainly Beach Camera had a very bad
reputation in the past, and I was surprised to see that the user reviews on
BizRate now are very good. This suggests that they have cleaned up their
act. Maybe someone in the company finally figured out that the way to become
really successful is to give honest, first-class service rather than the
opposite.

> One thing that I don't like about buydig, is that on the more popular, and
> limited supply items, they occasionally will not even have it available
> except in one of their kits (though this is happens only rarely).

I haven't noticed that. Do these seem to be "kits" that they make up
themselves, or actual manufacturers' kits? (I remember that at the end of
its regular sales life, the Minolta F300 seemed to be available only in a
kit with sport case, NiMH batteries and charger--no matter who you bought it
from. That was an actual Minolta kit.)

N.
Anonymous
April 26, 2005 8:40:13 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital,comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

>> I wouldn't trust them to ship exactly what I ordered and I wouldn't
>> want
>>them to have my credit card numbers. I don't trust Beach, and my lack of
>>trust has proven to be a good policy in matters concerning Brooklyn and
>>New
>>Jersey camera stores.

> You have no basis other than blatant prejudice for Brooklyn camera
> stores regardless of the facts. Feel free to pay higher prices than
> you have to to get photo gear.

Simple FACT is that most Brooklyn dealers are looking to rip you off.
Period. End of story.

DS
Anonymous
April 27, 2005 12:33:28 AM

On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 16:40:13 GMT, "DFS" <ok@nospam.com> wrote:

>>> I wouldn't trust them to ship exactly what I ordered and I wouldn't
>>> want
>>>them to have my credit card numbers. I don't trust Beach, and my lack of
>>>trust has proven to be a good policy in matters concerning Brooklyn and
>>>New
>>>Jersey camera stores.

>> You have no basis other than blatant prejudice for Brooklyn camera
>> stores regardless of the facts. Feel free to pay higher prices than
>> you have to to get photo gear.

>Simple FACT is that most Brooklyn dealers are looking to rip you off.
>Period. End of story.

Like I siad, blatant prejudice. It must be really cool to be the
keeper of the truth.

>DS

Anonymous
April 27, 2005 1:30:24 PM

"DFS" <ok@nospam.com> wrote in message news:N9ube.1294$iZ1.757@trnddc03...

>>> I wouldn't trust them to ship exactly what I ordered and I wouldn't
>>> want
>>>them to have my credit card numbers. I don't trust Beach, and my lack of
>>>trust has proven to be a good policy in matters concerning Brooklyn and
>>>New
>>>Jersey camera stores.

>> You have no basis other than blatant prejudice for Brooklyn camera
>> stores regardless of the facts. Feel free to pay higher prices than
>> you have to to get photo gear.

> Simple FACT is that most Brooklyn dealers are looking to rip you off.
> Period. End of story.

There undoubtedly are crooks in Brooklyn as well as elsewhere, but they have
also had top-notch sellers like Brooklyn Camera Exchange. I think BCE moved
farther out on Long Island several years ago, but they were always
absolutely first rate to deal with.

N.
April 27, 2005 8:56:07 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital,comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

So how long have you been working for Beach?

--

> >----------------------------------------------------
> >>
> >> You have no basis other than blatant prejudice for Brooklyn camera
> >> stores regardless of the facts. Feel free to pay higher prices than
> >> you have to to get photo gear.
> >>
> >--------------------------------------------------------
> >
> >Simple FACT is that most Brooklyn dealers are looking to rip you off.
> >Period. End of story.
>
> Like I siad, blatant prejudice. It must be really cool to be the
> keeper of the truth.
>

> >DS

Anonymous
April 27, 2005 9:45:44 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital,comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

"DFS" <ok@nospam.com> wrote in message news:N9ube.1294$iZ1.757@trnddc03...

> Simple FACT is that most Brooklyn dealers are looking to rip you off.
> Period. End of story.

So Buydig/Beach must be fine, since it's not in Brooklyn. Seriously, buydig
has an excellent reputation, despite the reputation of the old Beach Camera.

Six month ratings as of this time:

http://www.resellerratings.com/seller2121.html (NewEgg) 9.51
http://www.resellerratings.com/seller1936.html (Beach Camera) 9.36
http://www.resellerratings.com/seller2065.html (Buydig) 8.88
http://www.resellerratings.com/seller1914.html (B&H) 8.88
http://www.resellerratings.com/seller1991.html (ZipZoomFly) 8.80
http://www.resellerratings.com/seller2077.html (Amazon) 6.34
http://www.resellerratings.com/seller1759.html (Adorama) 4.74

I am quite surprised to see how low Adorama is rated, since I haven't had
any problems with them.
Anonymous
April 27, 2005 9:45:45 PM

> "DFS" <ok@nospam.com> wrote in message news:N9ube.1294$iZ1.757@trnddc03...
>
>> Simple FACT is that most Brooklyn dealers are looking to rip you off.
>> Period. End of story.
>
> So Buydig/Beach must be fine, since it's not in Brooklyn. Seriously,
> buydig
> has an excellent reputation, despite the reputation of the old Beach
> Camera.
>
> Six month ratings as of this time:
>
> http://www.resellerratings.com/seller2121.html (NewEgg) 9.51
> http://www.resellerratings.com/seller1936.html (Beach Camera) 9.36
> http://www.resellerratings.com/seller2065.html (Buydig) 8.88
> http://www.resellerratings.com/seller1914.html (B&H) 8.88
> http://www.resellerratings.com/seller1991.html (ZipZoomFly) 8.80
> http://www.resellerratings.com/seller2077.html (Amazon) 6.34
> http://www.resellerratings.com/seller1759.html (Adorama) 4.74
>
> I am quite surprised to see how low Adorama is rated, since I haven't had
> any problems with them.

I did many years ago, when I bought a supposedly new flash unit from them
which didn't work at all, and which from the condition of the box it came in
obviously had been returned many, many times. But other purchases from them
have gone well.

N.
April 28, 2005 1:15:36 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital,comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

Some stores don't have their employees rate themselves at reseller.

--

"Nostrobino" <not@home.today> wrote in message

> "Steven M. Scharf" <scharf.steven@linkearth.net> wrote in message
> > "DFS" <ok@nospam.com> wrote in message
> >
> >> Simple FACT is that most Brooklyn dealers are looking to rip you off.
> >> Period. End of story.
> >
> > So Buydig/Beach must be fine, since it's not in Brooklyn. Seriously,
> > buydig
> > has an excellent reputation, despite the reputation of the old Beach
> > Camera.
> >
> > Six month ratings as of this time:
> >
> > http://www.resellerratings.com/seller2121.html (NewEgg) 9.51
> > http://www.resellerratings.com/seller1936.html (Beach Camera) 9.36
> > http://www.resellerratings.com/seller2065.html (Buydig) 8.88
> > http://www.resellerratings.com/seller1914.html (B&H) 8.88
> > http://www.resellerratings.com/seller1991.html (ZipZoomFly) 8.80
> > http://www.resellerratings.com/seller2077.html (Amazon) 6.34
> > http://www.resellerratings.com/seller1759.html (Adorama) 4.74
> >
> > I am quite surprised to see how low Adorama is rated, since I haven't
had
> > any problems with them.
>
> I did many years ago, when I bought a supposedly new flash unit from them
> which didn't work at all, and which from the condition of the box it came
in
> obviously had been returned many, many times. But other purchases from
them
> have gone well.
>
> N.

Anonymous
April 29, 2005 9:17:04 PM

On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 16:56:07 GMT, "Tony" <tspadaro@nc.rr.com> wrote:

>So how long have you been working for Beach?

Do you still beat your wife? What kind of adolescent reply is this?
Buydig has better ratings than most of the stores, including Adorama.
You got any facts to back up your prejudice?
Anonymous
April 29, 2005 9:20:29 PM

On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 21:15:36 GMT, "Tony" <tspadaro@nc.rr.com> wrote:

>Some stores don't have their employees rate themselves at reseller.

Now it's a conspiracy. They have so little business that they pay
their employees to do about 300 bogus reviews. Got any evidence for
this either?
Anonymous
April 29, 2005 9:22:55 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital,comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 21:15:36 GMT, "Tony" <tspadaro@nc.rr.com> wrote:

>Some stores don't have their employees rate themselves at reseller.

By the way, Pricegrabber has a very high rating for them as well,
based on nearly 3000 reviews. I guess they must be one of the biggest
employers in NY.
April 30, 2005 11:16:18 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital,comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

I just bought a Pentax *ist DS from Buydig. Great price and excellent
service. Received 2 days later in NE Ohio.

> On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 21:15:36 GMT, "Tony" <tspadaro@nc.rr.com> wrote:
>
>>Some stores don't have their employees rate themselves at reseller.
>

> By the way, Pricegrabber has a very high rating for them as well,
> based on nearly 3000 reviews. I guess they must be one of the biggest
> employers in NY.
Anonymous
April 30, 2005 5:39:39 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital,comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

"TW" <hong236@adelphia.net> wrote in

>I just bought a Pentax *ist DS from Buydig. Great price and excellent
>service. Received 2 days later in NE Ohio.

Yes, I think Tony the Toothless Tiger is just a shill for the high price
spread :(
May 1, 2005 12:44:52 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital,comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

The fact that more than one employee of these sleze houses admitted doing it
at Photo.net. And the way certain people defend stores as if their incomes
depend on them.

--

> On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 21:15:36 GMT, "Tony" <tspadaro@nc.rr.com> wrote:
>
> >Some stores don't have their employees rate themselves at reseller.
>
> Now it's a conspiracy. They have so little business that they pay
> their employees to do about 300 bogus reviews. Got any evidence for
> this either?

May 1, 2005 12:54:45 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital,comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

Don't need any. Your "defense" smells far too strong for "just a satisfied
customer", crossing the border into paranoia or some form of monitary gain.
I don't trust your motives pal - you can be twelve or thirteen or fifty
"satisfied customers" and a maail room clerk at the same time. I know
nothing about you, but your actions are rather suspicious - and I always
discount recommendations from those I suspect of having an ax to grind.
Buydig may well be trying to change Beach's well known nasty spots - but
rabid little anonymous defenders like you sure make it sound like they are
simply continuing the same rip-offs that got them kicked out of Maine.

--

!