Greg

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

after having used my computer as any computer is likely to be used,
(installed kazaa, downloaded all sorts of files ect...) i see that my six
month dell pc equiped with windows xp is running incredibly slowly compared
to the first day i ve bought. Hardly is there anything on it, so i think
there must be somekind of infected files everywhere (by the way what is this
list of fifty item in the add and remove program called windows hotfix, there
are so many of them and more and more everyday!!!)
well i would like to know if removing windows xp is the solution to totally
clean up my pc, (i don t care about loosng what s in it)????will it removre
everything and will i find my new computerback after having reinstalled it
with the installation CD?
Also, how do I uninstall windows xp if that s the solution if it s not in
my add and removre program list?
thank you for all your help i need it so much thank you...

"installed kazaa, downloaded all sorts of files ect"

You now are infested with malware/spyware.

"greg" <greg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| after having used my computer as any computer is likely to be used,
| (installed kazaa, downloaded all sorts of files ect...) i see that my six
| month dell pc equiped with windows xp is running incredibly slowly
compared
| to the first day i ve bought. Hardly is there anything on it, so i think
| there must be somekind of infected files everywhere (by the way what is
this
| list of fifty item in the add and remove program called windows hotfix,
there
| are so many of them and more and more everyday!!!)
| well i would like to know if removing windows xp is the solution to
totally
| clean up my pc, (i don t care about loosng what s in it)????will it
removre
| everything and will i find my new computerback after having reinstalled it
| with the installation CD?
| Also, how do I uninstall windows xp if that s the solution if it s not in
| my add and removre program list?
| thank you for all your help i need it so much thank you...

Greg

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

and? can you help me or not sir?

"Tom Pepper Willett" wrote:

> "installed kazaa, downloaded all sorts of files ect"
>
> You now are infested with malware/spyware.
>
> "greg" <greg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> | after having used my computer as any computer is likely to be used,
> | (installed kazaa, downloaded all sorts of files ect...) i see that my six
> | month dell pc equiped with windows xp is running incredibly slowly
> compared
> | to the first day i ve bought. Hardly is there anything on it, so i think
> | there must be somekind of infected files everywhere (by the way what is
> this
> | list of fifty item in the add and remove program called windows hotfix,
> there
> | are so many of them and more and more everyday!!!)
> | well i would like to know if removing windows xp is the solution to
> totally
> | clean up my pc, (i don t care about loosng what s in it)????will it
> removre
> | everything and will i find my new computerback after having reinstalled it
> | with the installation CD?
> | Also, how do I uninstall windows xp if that s the solution if it s not in
> | my add and removre program list?
> | thank you for all your help i need it so much thank you...

Ras

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2003

Download / install AdAware from Lavasoft. Also recommend Spybot S & D which
catches things AdAware doesn't and vice versa. Run these once or twice a
week depending on how much you are surfing and downloading from Kazaa.
Recommend uninstalling Kazaa because this will be a constant fight. In fact
when you try to uninstall it you'll find what a poorly written program it
is. It won't want to uninstall. Of course maybe it was well written and
that's what they want. You'll most likely have to delete files and folders
and entries in registry manually.

> and? can you help me or not sir?
>
> "Tom Pepper Willett" wrote:
>
> > "installed kazaa, downloaded all sorts of files ect"
> >
> > You now are infested with malware/spyware.
> >
> > "greg" <greg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > | after having used my computer as any computer is likely to be used,
> > | (installed kazaa, downloaded all sorts of files ect...) i see that my
six
> > | month dell pc equiped with windows xp is running incredibly slowly
> > compared
> > | to the first day i ve bought. Hardly is there anything on it, so i
think
> > | there must be somekind of infected files everywhere (by the way what
is
> > this
> > | list of fifty item in the add and remove program called windows
hotfix,
> > there
> > | are so many of them and more and more everyday!!!)
> > | well i would like to know if removing windows xp is the solution to
> > totally
> > | clean up my pc, (i don t care about loosng what s in it)????will it
> > removre
> > | everything and will i find my new computerback after having
reinstalled it
> > | with the installation CD?
> > | Also, how do I uninstall windows xp if that s the solution if it s
not in
> > | my add and removre program list?
> > | thank you for all your help i need it so much thank you...

Google to AdAware (LavaSoft) and download the free version of AdAware. Then
Google to "Spyware" and look for one or two more free spyware removers and
use them also. Pest Patrol is not free but is inexpensive for the good it
does. Please consider that also. If you do not have a virus program,
Google to AVG for a respected free virus scanner.

Good luck.