HP 2500C NVRAM Error

I have three of these, and now only one is ALMOST functional.

If I leave the printer on too long, it comes up with various NVRAM
errors....and it takes a couple of DAYS to clear it out.

Since I have two skeletons, is there ANYONE out there that can tell me
what to look for when it comes to fixing this thing? I LOVE this
printer...and don't see my handing out $1000 to get a new one when I
had three (almost) working ones that I got for free.

Any help would be appreciated.

Richard McClelland Simpson, III

Chuck

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2001

Since you have extra parts & circuit boards--
The error is likely temperature related. I'd be looking at the NVRAM and
addressing circuitry. Once located, in your situation, it looks like
"swaptronics" becomes your best option. Also, check any fans for proper
operation.
I'd also look for general signs of overheating, and if test equipment is
available, check power supply voltages and ripple, then check them again
after several hours of operation, or when the error occurs.
Watch out for high voltage and lazer light!

"Admiral Oliver Franklin Doom" <doomof@startegicspacecommand.com> wrote in
message news:Xns963EB4FD96C64iticearthlinknet@65.24.3.135...