GPO question: how to properly assign to computer objects

I’m sure this is GPO Management 101, but I have been getting mixed
results using a GPO to route workstations to my WUS server.

My GPO sits in a "Registered Workstation" OU. In order for this GPO
to properly apply to the computers in this container, do I add the
computer object names directly to the GPO? Or should the simple fact
that this GPO is hanging in the same OU as these computer objects be
enough?

Thanks to all for reading!

Kevin

--
http://www.WindowsForumz.com/ This article was posted by author's request
Topic URL: http://www.WindowsForumz.com/Active-Directory-GPO-properly-assign-computer-objects-ftopict243893.html

"KevinW" wrote:
> I'm sure this is GPO Management 101, but I have been getting
> mixed results using a GPO to route workstations to my WUS
> server.
>
> My GPO sits in a "Registered Workstation" OU. In order for
> this GPO to properly apply to the computers in this container,
> do I add the computer object names directly to the GPO? Or
> should the simple fact that this GPO is hanging in the same OU
> as these computer objects be enough?
>
> Thanks to all for reading!
>
> Kevin

Hi,

Put the Computers in the OU that has the Group Policy Applied to it.
Make sure that the settings you want to apply are in the Computer
Config section of the group policy.

You are good to go. It is that simple.

Cheers,

Lara

"lforbes" wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Put the Computers in the OU that has the Group Policy Applied
> to it. Make sure that the settings you want to apply are in
> the Computer Config section of the group policy.
>
> You are good to go. It is that simple.
>

> Cheers,
>
> Lara

Excellent news! I was thinking it was silly that I would have to
manually add computer objects for this to work.

Thanks for taking the time to help!

--
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.WindowsForumz.com/eform.php?p=742605

"KevinW" wrote:
> Excellent news! I was thinking it was silly that I would have
> to manually add computer objects for this to work.
>
> Thanks for taking the time to help!

Hi,

No problem. The ease of use is what I love about Active Directory.

Cheers,

Lara