Event ID: 5783

Happy New Year to All !

Several servers as well as DCs on different sites are
registering the following:

Event ID: 5783
Source: NETLOGON
Windows 2000 domain controller DCName.domain_name.com for
the domain MYDomain is not responsive. The current RPC
call from Netlogon on Workstation to DCName has been
canceled.

This occurs many times a day.

I consulted the following MS document:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windows2000se
rv/technologies/activedirectory/maintain/opsguide/part1/ad
ogd10.mspx

No result.

I did run "dcdiag" et "netdiag", no error. Replications
seem to be working fine. Perhaps, I still need to check
the RPC issue, but do not know how and where to do that.

Please can anyone help ?

Many thanks.

a few hints here:
http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=5783&eventno=1024&source=NETLOGON&phase=1

Happy New Year!
--
Andrei Ungureanu
www.eventid.net

<chv@anon.postalias> wrote in message
> Happy New Year to All !
>
> Several servers as well as DCs on different sites are
> registering the following:
>
> Event ID: 5783
> Source: NETLOGON
> Windows 2000 domain controller DCName.domain_name.com for
> the domain MYDomain is not responsive. The current RPC
> call from Netlogon on Workstation to DCName has been
> canceled.
>
> This occurs many times a day.
>
> I consulted the following MS document:
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windows2000se
> rv/technologies/activedirectory/maintain/opsguide/part1/ad
> ogd10.mspx
>
> No result.
>
> I did run "dcdiag" et "netdiag", no error. Replications
> seem to be working fine. Perhaps, I still need to check
> the RPC issue, but do not know how and where to do that.
>
> Please can anyone help ?
>
> Many thanks.

In addition to Andrei's great suggestions, could you provide more
information about this issue? For example, please observe is there any
other error events in the event log? Please refer to the following article
to collect MPSreport and send it to v-rebc@microsoft.com for research.This
log file can help me clarify the computer configuration.

Microsoft Product Support's Reporting Tools
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=CEBF3C7C-7CA5-408F-
88B7-F9C79B7306C0&displaylang=en

Any update, let us get in touch!

Best regards,