Mods

Last response: in Video Games
April 25, 2004 10:10:40 AM

Dear Sirahs,
Warm sands to you all. (Always liked that expression).
Many folks are talking about mods. Can anyone be so kind as to link me to
some reliable mods? I am interested in continuing the full game, but, since
I have never dl'd a mod, I have apprehensions. I have played MUDS, I have
played other variations of games, but never a "mod". Are mods similair to
MUDS? Sorry i am asking so many q's about mods, but although I am not an
amateur with 'puters, there is always something new.
Someone said there is a mod that has an entire new island with 60 new
quests, a mannikin mod, a mod for advanced characters, and so on. I just
don't wanna mess up my 'chine. But mods sound very interesting.
If I were to have a sig, it might be, "Learn to understand what you do
not think about." ---dennis

More about : mods

Anonymous
April 25, 2004 3:16:04 PM

On Sun, 25 Apr 2004 06:10:40 GMT, "Dennis Curtis"
<curtisd1@verizon.net> wrote:

>Dear Sirahs,
> Warm sands to you all. (Always liked that expression).
>Many folks are talking about mods. Can anyone be so kind as to link me to
>some reliable mods? I am interested in continuing the full game, but, since
>I have never dl'd a mod, I have apprehensions. I have played MUDS, I have
>played other variations of games, but never a "mod". Are mods similair to
>MUDS? Sorry i am asking so many q's about mods, but although I am not an
>amateur with 'puters, there is always something new.
> Someone said there is a mod that has an entire new island with 60 new
>quests, a mannikin mod, a mod for advanced characters, and so on. I just
>don't wanna mess up my 'chine. But mods sound very interesting.
> If I were to have a sig, it might be, "Learn to understand what you do
>not think about." ---dennis

Mod is short for 'module'.

In Morrowind, the editor make it's very easy to create mods, which are
plug-ins that add some form of content to the gameworld.

The easiest, and one of the most common, are the house mods.

You notice how there's nowhere really decent to stash all your stuff ?
You need a house early on to store items, your alchemy kit, spare
potions, soullgems, etc. Houses are too small, a guildhouse comes too
late, etc. Solution ? Make your own ! As big as you want, with as
many crates as you want. Tables to display your loot. Maybe a
teleport menhir to quickly transpport you to the commonest cities.

This is the most basic mod -they range all the way for new types of
armour, to companions that travel and fight with you, to entire new
continents filled with people, monsters, quests and treasure.

Sites to visit, with tips on how to instal them, are -

http://morrowind.ttlg.com/ (Destination Morrowind)

www.morrowindfiles.com

http://mwsource.com/

Pretty much the best house mod at the moment (created by this group's
John Henry) can be found at
http://www.lowgenius.com/games/mwind/mod.htm and is called Blamora
House.

Good luck ! And do a little reading and search before you install
anything. When you do, come back and ask for recomendations - there
are a lot of really good mods out there.

Oh, and the official Morrowind site,
http://www.elderscrolls.com/index.php contains a bunch of official
mods, created by the designers. They should all be installed ASAP,
especially if your character likes bows...

And what's with all the carrots ?
April 25, 2004 7:37:04 PM

On Sun, 25 Apr 2004 11:16:04 +0100, with the help of 10,000 Little
Computer Monkeys (LCM'S) Mark Morrison <drdpikeuk@aol.com> wrote:

>On Sun, 25 Apr 2004 06:10:40 GMT, "Dennis Curtis"
><curtisd1@verizon.net> wrote:
>
>>Dear Sirahs,
>> Warm sands to you all. (Always liked that expression).

So do I, it's a very cat like expression. ^_^

>>Many folks are talking about mods. Can anyone be so kind as to link me to
>>some reliable mods? I am interested in continuing the full game, but, since
>>I have never dl'd a mod, I have apprehensions. I have played MUDS, I have
>>played other variations of games, but never a "mod". Are mods similair to
>>MUDS? Sorry i am asking so many q's about mods, but although I am not an
>>amateur with 'puters, there is always something new.
>> Someone said there is a mod that has an entire new island with 60 new
>>quests, a mannikin mod, a mod for advanced characters, and so on. I just
>>don't wanna mess up my 'chine. But mods sound very interesting.
>> If I were to have a sig, it might be, "Learn to understand what you do
>>not think about." ---dennis
>>
>Mod is short for 'module'.
>
>In Morrowind, the editor make it's very easy to create mods, which are
>plug-ins that add some form of content to the gameworld.
>
>The easiest, and one of the most common, are the house mods.
>
>You notice how there's nowhere really decent to stash all your stuff ?
>You need a house early on to store items, your alchemy kit, spare
>potions, soullgems, etc. Houses are too small, a guildhouse comes too
>late, etc. Solution ? Make your own ! As big as you want, with as
>many crates as you want. Tables to display your loot. Maybe a
>teleport menhir to quickly transpport you to the commonest cities.
>
>This is the most basic mod -they range all the way for new types of
>armour, to companions that travel and fight with you, to entire new
>continents filled with people, monsters, quests and treasure.
>
>Sites to visit, with tips on how to instal them, are -
>
>http://morrowind.ttlg.com/ (Destination Morrowind)
>
>www.morrowindfiles.com
>
>http://mwsource.com/

That's a good list of Major mod sites, I like all of them...

>Pretty much the best house mod at the moment (created by this group's
>John Henry) can be found at
>http://www.lowgenius.com/games/mwind/mod.htm and is called Blamora
>House.

I've never tried his house mod, from the description it sounded a little
small. I'm currently using the "Private Tower Balmora" mod which not
only looks like it belongs in Balmora, but also includes a nice side
quest mod which can be loaded after your character is more advanced.
The side quest is to retake the house after evil creatures have decided
to use it for a base of operations in Balmora...

>Good luck ! And do a little reading and search before you install
>anything. When you do, come back and ask for recomendations - there
>are a lot of really good mods out there.

Also when in doubt before you install a new mod, make a Pre-Mod save
game so you'll have a safe game you can load if you later discover
problems using a mod...

>Oh, and the official Morrowind site,
>http://www.elderscrolls.com/index.php contains a bunch of official
>mods, created by the designers. They should all be installed ASAP,
>especially if your character likes bows...

That's my 2¢,

FTA

"In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."

-Martin Luther King Jr.
April 26, 2004 10:07:54 AM

Hi, FTA! This is a friendly line to let people know who I'm talking to!

> I've never tried his house mod, from the description it sounded a little
> small.

I wouldn't call it "small" so much as "basic."

You can find some screenshots of it on my morrowind screenshots page.

--
John Henry - thinkin about updating the FAQ Real Soon Now.
www.lowgenius.com

On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 06:07:54 -0000, with the help of 10,000 Little
Computer Monkeys (LCM'S) John Henry
<johnhenry.at.lowgenius.dot.com@DIESPAMMINGSCUM.invalid> wrote:

>Hi, FTA! This is a friendly line to let people know who I'm talking to!
>
>> I've never tried his house mod, from the description it sounded a little
>> small.
>
>I wouldn't call it "small" so much as "basic."
>
>You can find some screenshots of it on my morrowind screenshots page.

John,

I never ment to imply that there was anything wrong with your house mod,
I'm sure it's fine for many if not most people here. I have visited
your site a number of times and actually looked at the screenshots for
your Balmora house long before I ever made my statement above...

The thing is I've played this game sooo many times that I know from
experience that my characters need lots and lots of room to
store/display all the treasures/junk they tend to steal/collect before I
retire them and start a new character... The "Private Tower Balmora"
mod I've used with my last 2 or 3 characters is quite large by most
dwelling standards, and it's even connected to the Balmora Mages guild
which speeds my beginner characters travel around the island.

However even my Private Tower starts to feel cramped after awhile which
does have me currently looking for 1 or more home mods in other useful
locations... If your house was located in another city I frequent, like
say Sadrith Mora or Tel Mora, or even Ghostgate, I would give it serious
consideration as a localized rest stop or additional home/storage area
for my character. However my character doesn't really need a second
home in Balmora since I'm quite happy with the house mod I'm curently
using...

That's my 2¢,

FTA

"In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."

-Martin Luther King Jr.
Anonymous
April 26, 2004 10:10:29 PM

On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 16:07:20 GMT, FTA <FTA@fake.email> wrote:

>On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 06:07:54 -0000, with the help of 10,000 Little
>Computer Monkeys (LCM'S) John Henry
><johnhenry.at.lowgenius.dot.com@DIESPAMMINGSCUM.invalid> wrote:
>
>>Hi, FTA! This is a friendly line to let people know who I'm talking to!
>>
>>> I've never tried his house mod, from the description it sounded a little
>>> small.
>>
>>I wouldn't call it "small" so much as "basic."
>>
>>You can find some screenshots of it on my morrowind screenshots page.
>
>John,
>
>I never ment to imply that there was anything wrong with your house mod,
>I'm sure it's fine for many if not most people here. I have visited
>your site a number of times and actually looked at the screenshots for
>your Balmora house long before I ever made my statement above...
>
>The thing is I've played this game sooo many times that I know from
>experience that my characters need lots and lots of room to
>store/display all the treasures/junk they tend to steal/collect before I
>retire them and start a new character... The "Private Tower Balmora"
>mod I've used with my last 2 or 3 characters is quite large by most
>dwelling standards, and it's even connected to the Balmora Mages guild
>which speeds my beginner characters travel around the island.
>
>However even my Private Tower starts to feel cramped after awhile which
>does have me currently looking for 1 or more home mods in other useful
>locations... If your house was located in another city I frequent, like
>say Sadrith Mora or Tel Mora, or even Ghostgate, I would give it serious
>consideration as a localized rest stop or additional home/storage area
>for my character. However my character doesn't really need a second
>home in Balmora since I'm quite happy with the house mod I'm curently
>using...

Try http://www.mindhook.com/morrowindabodes/ for houses in other
towns.

There's also a contact email address, so maybe if you put in a
request...

I'd love a large, multi-story house, with each floor a good sized
room. The top 2 floors would have doors leading to balconies
overlooking the town.

John, feeling bored ? :)

I'd love your house, just a lot higher, say 5 floors. Your room would
be the first floor, with a 3 story-high ceiling. The top 2 floors
would be similar sized rooms, with the balcony doors. And rows of
mannequins...

If I wasn't so damned lazy, I'd do it myself !

Actually, I have a few days off next week - I might spend a few hours
wrestling with the editor...

Anyone got any advice on how to move the mannequins from the mannequin
mod to new mod ?

And what's with all the carrots ?
April 27, 2004 6:27:40 AM

Hi, Mark Morrison! This is a friendly line to let people know who I'm
talking to!

> On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 16:07:20 GMT, FTA <FTA@fake.email> wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 06:07:54 -0000, with the help of 10,000 Little
>>Computer Monkeys (LCM'S) John Henry
>><johnhenry.at.lowgenius.dot.com@DIESPAMMINGSCUM.invalid> wrote:
>>
>>>Hi, FTA! This is a friendly line to let people know who I'm talking
>>>to!

>>>I wouldn't call it "small" so much as "basic."
>>>
>>>You can find some screenshots of it on my morrowind screenshots page.
>>
>>John,
>>
>>I never ment to imply that there was anything wrong with your house
>>mod, I'm sure it's fine for many if not most people here. I have
>>visited your site a number of times and actually looked at the
>>screenshots for your Balmora house long before I ever made my
>>statement above...
>>
>>The thing is I've played this game sooo many times that I know from
>>experience that my characters need lots and lots of room to
>>store/display all the treasures/junk they tend to steal/collect before
>>I retire them and start a new character... The "Private Tower
>>Balmora" mod I've used with my last 2 or 3 characters is quite large
>>by most dwelling standards, and it's even connected to the Balmora
>>Mages guild which speeds my beginner characters travel around the
>>island.
>>
>>However even my Private Tower starts to feel cramped after awhile
>>which does have me currently looking for 1 or more home mods in other
>>useful locations... If your house was located in another city I
>>frequent, like say Sadrith Mora or Tel Mora, or even Ghostgate, I
>>would give it serious consideration as a localized rest stop or
>>additional home/storage area for my character. However my character
>>doesn't really need a second home in Balmora since I'm quite happy
>>with the house mod I'm curently using...
>>

> Try http://www.mindhook.com/morrowindabodes/ for houses in other
> towns.
>
> There's also a contact email address, so maybe if you put in a
> request...
>
> I'd love a large, multi-story house, with each floor a good sized
> room. The top 2 floors would have doors leading to balconies
> overlooking the town.
>
> John, feeling bored ? :)

lol I wish. I don't even have a JOB right now and I've got no time :p

It might interest you to know that the original draft of that house had
rampways extending off the halls, with BIG rooms off of each one, up and
down - I think there were six. I scrapped it because a) it was boring
and b) it was too big.

> I'd love your house, just a lot higher, say 5 floors. Your room would
> be the first floor, with a 3 story-high ceiling. The top 2 floors
> would be similar sized rooms, with the balcony doors. And rows of
> mannequins...

Hehehe....I might see if I can't work something in the next version.

> If I wasn't so damned lazy, I'd do it myself !
>
> Actually, I have a few days off next week - I might spend a few hours
> wrestling with the editor...
>
> Anyone got any advice on how to move the mannequins from the mannequin
> mod to new mod ?

Load both of them, but don't set either one active, and then there's a
command - under the file menu, IIRC - to combine plugins. The reload
your game with the old plugins deselected and the new one selected.

Make backups and don't change your source files, though - I've run into
duplication issues doing this.

--
John Henry
www.lowgenius.com

On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 18:10:29 +0100, with the help of 10,000 Little
Computer Monkeys (LCM'S) Mark Morrison <drdpikeuk@aol.com> wrote:

>On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 16:07:20 GMT, FTA <FTA@fake.email> wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 06:07:54 -0000, with the help of 10,000 Little
>>Computer Monkeys (LCM'S) John Henry
>><johnhenry.at.lowgenius.dot.com@DIESPAMMINGSCUM.invalid> wrote:
>>
>>>Hi, FTA! This is a friendly line to let people know who I'm talking to!

>>>I wouldn't call it "small" so much as "basic."
>>>
>>>You can find some screenshots of it on my morrowind screenshots page.
>>
>>John,
>>
>>I never ment to imply that there was anything wrong with your house mod,
>>I'm sure it's fine for many if not most people here. I have visited
>>your site a number of times and actually looked at the screenshots for
>>your Balmora house long before I ever made my statement above...
>>
>>The thing is I've played this game sooo many times that I know from
>>experience that my characters need lots and lots of room to
>>store/display all the treasures/junk they tend to steal/collect before I
>>retire them and start a new character... The "Private Tower Balmora"
>>mod I've used with my last 2 or 3 characters is quite large by most
>>dwelling standards, and it's even connected to the Balmora Mages guild
>>which speeds my beginner characters travel around the island.
>>
>>However even my Private Tower starts to feel cramped after awhile which
>>does have me currently looking for 1 or more home mods in other useful
>>locations... If your house was located in another city I frequent, like
>>say Sadrith Mora or Tel Mora, or even Ghostgate, I would give it serious
>>consideration as a localized rest stop or additional home/storage area
>>for my character. However my character doesn't really need a second
>>home in Balmora since I'm quite happy with the house mod I'm curently
>>using...
>>

>Try http://www.mindhook.com/morrowindabodes/ for houses in other
>towns.

Thanks, I'll try it. ^_^

>There's also a contact email address, so maybe if you put in a
>request...

I'll have to give it some serious thought before making such a request.
It's easy to find little faults with a mod, however it's alot harder
putting into words what I'd consider a Perfect Morrowind home. :(
Granted at this time, I'm not even sure what I'm really looking for,
though with luck and alittle patience hopefully I'll find one or more
perfect homes ready made and just waiting for me to find it/them. ^_^

>I'd love a large, multi-story house, with each floor a good sized
>room. The top 2 floors would have doors leading to balconies
>overlooking the town.
>
>John, feeling bored ? :)
>
>I'd love your house, just a lot higher, say 5 floors. Your room would
>be the first floor, with a 3 story-high ceiling. The top 2 floors
>would be similar sized rooms, with the balcony doors. And rows of
>mannequins...

Mmmm, A 12 story mansion on the side of a mountain with lots of rooms,
balconys, a 7 or 8 story indoor waterfall flowing down an 80 degree
incline (to speed access to the lower levels) would be nice. Then for
treasure security, maybe a shaft dropping 6 stories straight down to a
huge extensively trapped maze with numerious high level respawing
creatures protecting a hidden trapdoor leading to another huge but this
time underwater maze with a final trap door to my huge dry treasure room
would be fun. But then again, it might actually be equally fun Finely
learning to use the editor so that I could create create my dream
mansion myself. Maybe someday... <L>

>If I wasn't so damned lazy, I'd do it myself !
>
>Actually, I have a few days off next week - I might spend a few hours
>wrestling with the editor...
>
>Anyone got any advice on how to move the mannequins from the mannequin
>mod to new mod ?

Last but Not Least, Mark Thanks for your Help! ^_^

That's my 2¢,

FTA

"In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."

-Martin Luther King Jr.
Anonymous
April 27, 2004 6:29:09 PM

On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 02:27:40 -0000, with the help of 10,000 Little
Computer Monkeys (LCM'S) John Henry
<johnhenry.at.lowgenius.dot.com@DIESPAMMINGSCUM.invalid> wrote:

>Hi, Mark Morrison! This is a friendly line to let people know who I'm
>talking to!
>
>> On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 16:07:20 GMT, FTA <FTA@fake.email> wrote:
>>
>>>On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 06:07:54 -0000, with the help of 10,000 Little
>>>Computer Monkeys (LCM'S) John Henry

>>>John,
>>>
>>>I never ment to imply that there was anything wrong with your house
>>>mod, I'm sure it's fine for many if not most people here. I have
>>>visited your site a number of times and actually looked at the
>>>screenshots for your Balmora house long before I ever made my
>>>statement above...
>>>
>>>The thing is I've played this game sooo many times that I know from
>>>experience that my characters need lots and lots of room to
>>>store/display all the treasures/junk they tend to steal/collect before
>>>I retire them and start a new character... The "Private Tower
>>>Balmora" mod I've used with my last 2 or 3 characters is quite large
>>>by most dwelling standards, and it's even connected to the Balmora
>>>Mages guild which speeds my beginner characters travel around the
>>>island.
>>>
>>>However even my Private Tower starts to feel cramped after awhile
>>>which does have me currently looking for 1 or more home mods in other
>>>useful locations... If your house was located in another city I
>>>frequent, like say Sadrith Mora or Tel Mora, or even Ghostgate, I
>>>would give it serious consideration as a localized rest stop or
>>>additional home/storage area for my character. However my character
>>>doesn't really need a second home in Balmora since I'm quite happy
>>>with the house mod I'm curently using...
>>>

>> Try http://www.mindhook.com/morrowindabodes/ for houses in other
>> towns.
>>
>> There's also a contact email address, so maybe if you put in a
>> request...
>>
>> I'd love a large, multi-story house, with each floor a good sized
>> room. The top 2 floors would have doors leading to balconies
>> overlooking the town.
>>
>> John, feeling bored ? :)
>
>lol I wish. I don't even have a JOB right now and I've got no time :p
>
>It might interest you to know that the original draft of that house had
>rampways extending off the halls, with BIG rooms off of each one, up and
>down - I think there were six. I scrapped it because a) it was boring
>and b) it was too big.

Cave Rats, that sounds like my kind of house! <L>

>> I'd love your house, just a lot higher, say 5 floors. Your room would
>> be the first floor, with a 3 story-high ceiling. The top 2 floors
>> would be similar sized rooms, with the balcony doors. And rows of
>> mannequins...
>
>Hehehe....I might see if I can't work something in the next version.
>
>> If I wasn't so damned lazy, I'd do it myself !
>>
>> Actually, I have a few days off next week - I might spend a few hours
>> wrestling with the editor...
>>
>> Anyone got any advice on how to move the mannequins from the mannequin
>> mod to new mod ?
>
>Load both of them, but don't set either one active, and then there's a
>command - under the file menu, IIRC - to combine plugins. The reload
>your game with the old plugins deselected and the new one selected.
>
>Make backups and don't change your source files, though - I've run into
>duplication issues doing this.

John, we don't say it enough, but Thanks for creating this newsgroup and
all the help you've given people since you created it! ^_^

That's my 2¢,

FTA

"In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."

-Martin Luther King Jr.
Anonymous
May 28, 2004 8:33:51 PM

Mark Morrison wrote:

> Try http://www.mindhook.com/morrowindabodes/ for houses in other
> towns.
>
> There's also a contact email address, so maybe if you put in a
> request...

Some of their house plugins look pretty good to me. The Website's not
been updated in two years, though, and the email I just sent them
bounced back, because their email address has been discontinued. It's a
pity -- they looked like a fairly serious team.

I've been looking for a decent house mod, but almost all I've seen have
been very excessive, to my tastes. I've played through Morrowind a few
times now, so it's not that I don't have some idea how much stuff you
can accumulate. But I'd like something on the order of a typical
dwelling place from the game, only with *a little* extra storage, and a
minimum of pre-placed junk. I figure my character would rather keep a
low profile, and not have a five-story glowing beacon with enough
storage space to serve as a depot for the Imperial Legion.

The Morrowind Abodes folks seemed to have stuff about like what I was
looking for, although a few of their plugins could use a little tweaking.
May 30, 2004 4:11:50 PM

"Brian G. Vaughan" <foolishowl_hates_spam@peoplepc.com> skrev i en
meddelelse news:p RJtc.2782$Yd3.1169@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net...
> Mark Morrison wrote:
>
> > Try http://www.mindhook.com/morrowindabodes/ for houses in other
> > towns.
> >
> > There's also a contact email address, so maybe if you put in a
> > request...
>
> Some of their house plugins look pretty good to me. The Website's not
> been updated in two years, though, and the email I just sent them
> bounced back, because their email address has been discontinued. It's a
> pity -- they looked like a fairly serious team.
>
> I've been looking for a decent house mod, but almost all I've seen have
> been very excessive, to my tastes. I've played through Morrowind a few
> times now, so it's not that I don't have some idea how much stuff you
> can accumulate. But I'd like something on the order of a typical
> dwelling place from the game, only with *a little* extra storage, and a
> minimum of pre-placed junk. I figure my character would rather keep a
> low profile, and not have a five-story glowing beacon with enough
> storage space to serve as a depot for the Imperial Legion.
>
> The Morrowind Abodes folks seemed to have stuff about like what I was
> looking for, although a few of their plugins could use a little
tweaking.

Several solutions to this depending on where you want
to settle down.
Hla Oad Boat House - a ship on dry land outside Hla Oad, with what space
there are is such a place.
Additions is a bar, a couple of cupboards and a bed
in the lower deck. The shipmastes cabin is the natural
place to sleep however

The smugglers cave outside Seyda Neen. Most caves
are yours for the taking, once you have 'cleansed' them
Ample supply of crates, boxes and chests

If you do the quest for Varro at the Fort near Balmora
the cornerclub in Balmora will be yours - with your own
private bartender (if you don't kill him, naturally)

You can place your stuff anywhere in the game except
in levelled containers. Caius's house will be officially
yours when he has left.

You will also acquire a tent in one of the Ashlander's
camps during the main quests.

Of these options the cornerclub is the most classy,
followed by the boathouse.

If you want an improvement (slight) in housing
try the mod 'The Emperor's Gift' Small manor
on a small island with boat service to Balmora
and a private shipmaster

merlin
Anonymous
May 30, 2004 4:42:05 PM

On Sun, 30 May 2004 12:11:50 +0200, "Merlin" <pbech@danprofit.com>
wrote:

> If you do the quest for Varro at the Fort near Balmora
> the cornerclub in Balmora will be yours - with your own
> private bartender (if you don't kill him, naturally)

Also in Balmora is the mansion of Ralen Hlaalo. If you do the quest
for House Hlaalu or just do it on your own by talking to the maid in
her room upstairs and report to Hlaalu when you're done, the mansion
is yours from then on. You will have a permanent corpse in the main
room, but you can just ignore him. I have read on here that he
eventually regenerates and reclaims his house, but I have never
personally seen it happen and I have had a character living there for
long enough to complete the Main Quest in a leisurely fashion, fool
around just looking for local quests, take a few trips to Mournhold,
etc. However, if you just move in without solving the murder, but
open the door to the maid's room, she will consider you a thief and
call the guards the minute you take anything.

The mansion has three nice sets of shelves, if you clean off Ralen's
booze and empties, a series of crates, and three tables to put stuff
on/in. Plus there is a nice bedroom to sleep in and even storage for
your clothes.

Nyctolops
Anonymous
June 11, 2004 8:45:36 PM

"Brian G. Vaughan" <foolishowl_hates_spam@peoplepc.com> wrote in message
news:p RJtc.2782$Yd3.1169@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net...
> Mark Morrison wrote:
>
> > Try http://www.mindhook.com/morrowindabodes/ for houses in other
> > towns.
> >
> > There's also a contact email address, so maybe if you put in a
> > request...
>
> Some of their house plugins look pretty good to me. The Website's not
> been updated in two years, though, and the email I just sent them
> bounced back, because their email address has been discontinued. It's a
> pity -- they looked like a fairly serious team.
>
> I've been looking for a decent house mod, but almost all I've seen have
> been very excessive, to my tastes. I've played through Morrowind a few
> times now, so it's not that I don't have some idea how much stuff you
> can accumulate. But I'd like something on the order of a typical
> dwelling place from the game, only with *a little* extra storage, and a
> minimum of pre-placed junk. I figure my character would rather keep a
> low profile, and not have a five-story glowing beacon with enough
> storage space to serve as a depot for the Imperial Legion.
>
> The Morrowind Abodes folks seemed to have stuff about like what I was
> looking for, although a few of their plugins could use a little tweaking.

I always wanted to make a mod for the dwemer ruin near Fort Moonmoth,
Arknthang or however its called. I think a mod that let you little by
little get the machinery running so you could make your own droids and
supply ore for a smithy, and clean up the rooms - maybe set up a little
guild there or something - would be very cool.
!