Printers:Any way to setup Manage Documents programmaticall..

I have thousands of print spoolers and I need to grant a specific group
ability to clear print spoolers (Manage Documents).

If I understand correclty, I can't apply such delegation from AD.

How can I apply "Manage Documents" programmatically then ?

Win2000SP4 AD, Win2003 File & Print servers.

Marlon,

There are ADSI handles to manage some printer functions and you can do it
that way. Otherwise, you can Add the users to Groups and assign the groups
to the printer objects. (You can create the ACE entries on the ACLs
programmatically too if you want.)
--
Ryan Hanisco
MCSE, MCDBA

"Marlon Brown" <marlon_brown@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I have thousands of print spoolers and I need to grant a specific group
> ability to clear print spoolers (Manage Documents).
>
> If I understand correclty, I can't apply such delegation from AD.
>
> How can I apply "Manage Documents" programmatically then ?
>
> Win2000SP4 AD, Win2003 File & Print servers.

I go to AD Users and COmputers, I select a Printer, click Properties and
click "Security" tab.
I see only Full Control, Read and Write permissions there.
Where can I grant a group or individual permission to "Manage Documents"
then ?