how can i alter windows explorere default folder display s..

I am aware that all folders can be changed globally--I dont want to do that.
I am also aware that I can set the properties for a folder and its
subfolders to display things a certain way. However none of the templates
offered suit my needs. So, how can i alter winexplorer so that all
subfolders of a particlar directrory, ie, music, appear formatted a certain
way, ie, details listing, with artist album track no tracktitle bit rate and
encoding type to alway appear.

ss
2 answers Last reply
More about alter windows explorere default folder display

    Right-click on the bar that contains Name, Size, Type, etc. and select
    whatever you want to be displayed.

    "shapeshifter" <ds_gottago@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > I am aware that all folders can be changed globally--I dont want to do
    that.
    > I am also aware that I can set the properties for a folder and its
    > subfolders to display things a certain way. However none of the templates
    > offered suit my needs. So, how can i alter winexplorer so that all
    > subfolders of a particlar directrory, ie, music, appear formatted a
    certain
    > way, ie, details listing, with artist album track no tracktitle bit rate
    and
    > encoding type to alway appear.
    >

    > ss

    yes, of course. however, as i note in my subject line--i want to establish a
    new *default* behavior and further I want one set of subdirectories to have
    a different default setting than others. and since there aree many thousands
    of subdirectories i am looking for a global way to achieve this without
    having to go into each individual directory and change the settings.

    ss

    "ras" <ras_nb@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Right-click on the bar that contains Name, Size, Type, etc. and select
    > whatever you want to be displayed.
    >

    > "shapeshifter" <ds_gottago@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> I am aware that all folders can be changed globally--I dont want to do
    > that.
    >> I am also aware that I can set the properties for a folder and its
    >> subfolders to display things a certain way. However none of the templates
    >> offered suit my needs. So, how can i alter winexplorer so that all
    >> subfolders of a particlar directrory, ie, music, appear formatted a
    > certain
    >> way, ie, details listing, with artist album track no tracktitle bit rate
    > and
    >> encoding type to alway appear.
    >>

    >> ss

Internet Explorer Windows XP Displays