how can i alter windows explorere default folder display s..

September 29, 2004 11:09:20 PM

I am aware that all folders can be changed globally--I dont want to do that.
I am also aware that I can set the properties for a folder and its
subfolders to display things a certain way. However none of the templates
offered suit my needs. So, how can i alter winexplorer so that all
subfolders of a particlar directrory, ie, music, appear formatted a certain
way, ie, details listing, with artist album track no tracktitle bit rate and
encoding type to alway appear.

ss
September 30, 2004 12:08:24 AM

Right-click on the bar that contains Name, Size, Type, etc. and select
whatever you want to be displayed.

"shapeshifter" <ds_gottago@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I am aware that all folders can be changed globally--I dont want to do
that.
> I am also aware that I can set the properties for a folder and its
> subfolders to display things a certain way. However none of the templates
> offered suit my needs. So, how can i alter winexplorer so that all
> subfolders of a particlar directrory, ie, music, appear formatted a
certain
> way, ie, details listing, with artist album track no tracktitle bit rate
and
> encoding type to alway appear.
>

> ss

September 30, 2004 5:23:19 PM

yes, of course. however, as i note in my subject line--i want to establish a
new *default* behavior and further I want one set of subdirectories to have
a different default setting than others. and since there aree many thousands
of subdirectories i am looking for a global way to achieve this without
having to go into each individual directory and change the settings.

ss

!