user accounts expire

jr

I have had multiple user accounts expire or require change of password. Im
thinking this may be due to it being the end of the year. How can I confirm
this?

Although password change frequency (number of days) is a domain wide setting,
the actual change is dependent on the users' accounts themselves, when they
become active, how many times password change were postponed (cancelled by
user when reminded), etc.

So in your case, it could well be a coincidence that several users were
reminded (on the same day?) to change password.

Note that account expiry is fix via a field set in a user's properties in
ADUC. Do you have contractors or vendors assigned accounts configured this
way? If yes, this is expected behavior (advantage: helps avoid having to
manually disable accounts after a certain date).

HTH.