Active Directory Schema Configuration

Dear All,

I want to connect AD to Oracle service. So user who located on AD will
automatically as Oracle user. But it seems I have to configure AD from AD
schema. Untill now I cannot open AD Schema eventhough my account has already
Schema Admin member. Could anybody help me? Thankyou.......

You'll need to register the schema snap-in first:

Start\Run\ regsvr32 schmmgmt.dll

Then you can create a new snap-in that contains this.

Be careful here if you know not what you do...

--

Paul Williams

http://www.msresource.net/
http://forums.msresource.net/

"Windhu" <Windhu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
Dear All,

I want to connect AD to Oracle service. So user who located on AD will
automatically as Oracle user. But it seems I have to configure AD from AD
schema. Untill now I cannot open AD Schema eventhough my account has already
Schema Admin member. Could anybody help me? Thankyou.......

"Windhu" <Windhu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Dear All,
>
> I want to connect AD to Oracle service. So user who located on AD will
> automatically as Oracle user. But it seems I have to configure AD from AD
> schema. Untill now I cannot open AD Schema eventhough my account has
already
> Schema Admin member. Could anybody help me? Thankyou.......

There are several steps.

You are a member of Schema Admins which is required.

You must install the Schema Editor -- which is not even
populated on DC by default.

Run AdminPak.msi from the System32 directory.

This still will not create the MMC for the Schema
editory so you need to go into an MMC editor (Start
Run->MMC and add the Schema Editor snap-in.

You must finally connect to the Schema Master,
enable changes and THEN....

Be very careful.

In general, you should not be making such changes
by hand -- but should use a script provided by a
reputable manufacturer and/or thoroughly tested by
you in a lab where you can destroy the DC if things
go bad (before it replicates.)

--
Herb Martin