Epson 1160 - All lights blinking

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
Share
April 21, 2005 5:19:03 AM

I had this problem - then I changed the printhead and all cartridges. The
problem was gone - but for only 2 weeks. Now the lights are blinking again.
I printed only a few things - so the cartridges and the head must be fine.
How do I fix this?

Thanks,

webermis
Anonymous
April 22, 2005 9:25:44 PM

Why did you replace the heads?

Can you describe exactly which lights are doing what (blinking together,
blinking alternately, flashing slow, flashing fast, etc.) How many
lights? What colors?

Art

webermis wrote:

> I had this problem - then I changed the printhead and all cartridges. The
> problem was gone - but for only 2 weeks. Now the lights are blinking again.
> I printed only a few things - so the cartridges and the head must be fine.
> How do I fix this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> webermis

April 22, 2005 11:34:03 PM

I stand somewhat corrected.

The black and color ink lights stay light up red. The paper feed light
blinks red. The power light blinks green. From what I've read, it means
"fatal error" - whatever that means is the issue. I know it doesn't sound
good - But I did "something" that fixed it for a while. Any ideas are
appreciated.

webermis

"Arthur Entlich" <artistic@telus.net> wrote in message
> Why did you replace the heads?
>
> Can you describe exactly which lights are doing what (blinking together,
> blinking alternately, flashing slow, flashing fast, etc.) How many
> lights? What colors?
>
> Art
>
> webermis wrote:
>
>> I had this problem - then I changed the printhead and all cartridges. The
>> problem was gone - but for only 2 weeks. Now the lights are blinking
>> again. I printed only a few things - so the cartridges and the head must
>> be fine. How do I fix this?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> webermis
April 23, 2005 12:23:27 AM

Sometimes this means you need to lubricate
(with a good-quality sewing machine or gun oil)
the metal slide in the printer.

-- stan
Anonymous
April 23, 2005 9:26:30 AM

Sometimes this means you are having USB communications
problems. Older computers with early onboard USB chipsets
can do this. Solution in those cases is to add a USB 2.0 card
to the computer. Koutech makes nice ones; I especially like
the models that give you a 3.5"-bay-sized front connection
module.

-- stan
!