Jim

When i click on "Help and support",i get a message
saying"cannot find helpctr.exe,,,,can you tell me what
this means and what do i have to do to fix the problem

Check Kelly's site here http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/top10faqs.htm
Looking for "Why doesn't Help and Support Work?

--

Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

"jim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When i click on "Help and support",i get a message
> saying"cannot find helpctr.exe,,,,can you tell me what
> this means and what do i have to do to fix the problem

Are you using XP or Windows ME? If you are using ME, see:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;305666
I could not find a similar document in the knowledge base for XP.