Sapphire X850XT PE Incompatible with Gigabyte GA-K8NXP-SLI

Phyre

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2006
Hello everyone. I just want to express how shocked I am that this graphics card does not work in my machine!

Here are the details of my rig:
CPU: AMD3500+
RAM: 2* 1 Gig Corsair ValueSelect
M/B: Gigabyte GA-K8NXP-SLI
HDD: 2* Western Digital Raptor 36GB in RAID 0, 1* Seagate 200GB SATA
PSU: Hi-Power 425W Silent
VGA: Gigabyte 3D1 Dual 6600GT (Single card) - being replaced by Sapphire X850XT PE

I have been using this system for about 7 months now and all was fine. I was using a Gigabyte 3D1 Dual 6600GT graphics card that I was borrowing from a friend. So 4 weeks ago I bought this Sapphire X850XT PE from NewEgg to replace the Dual 6600GT.

When the X850XT PE arrived and I plugged it in, the machine wouldn't even POST, so I sent it back to NewEgg. They then told me that it was fine and that it worked perfectly, so they sent it back to me. Now today I plugged it in again and same story (Not POSTing) -No beeps, nothing, screen doesn't come on.

Another friend of mine tried it in their machine (that has the same M/B as mine) and he too cannot get his machine to boot. But his brother plugged it into his machine, and said that it worked fine (I don't know his machine specs)

So here I am wondering if I am the only soul in the universe that has this problem? Can someone please relieve me of this nightmare?

Phyre

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2006
Try updating your motherboards BIOS to the newest version... that will often take care of this type of compatibility issue.

I'm not a noob dude, I have already done so. (I know I should have mentioned it though)