GPO Inheritance

Here is the scenario... I have 2 downstate offices, that connect via VPN
using DSL connections to the main office in Chicago, which has a T1. I have
group policies that look like below

-RPMF
-Carbondale
-Computers
-Users
-No-timeclock
-Timeclock
-Champaign
-Computers
-Users
-No-timeclock
-Timeclock
-Chicago
-Computers
-Users
-No-timeclock
-Timeclock

If I assign a GPO to the RPMF OU, will it process on all sub-OU's below it?
IF so, after creation, how long does it take before it will start working,
because they are not processing...

Thanks
Tony

"Anthony Litterio" wrote:

> If I assign a GPO to the RPMF OU, will it process on all sub-OU's below it?

Yes, provided that the GPO at RPMF OU either has "No Override" enabled
(always wins) or none of the sub-OUs has "Block Policy Inheritance" enabled.

> IF so, after creation, how long does it take before it will start working,

The replication frequency between AD sites depends on your design. You can
use "repadmin" or ADSS to manually initiate AD replication.

> because they are not processing...

Check Event Viewer and use "gpresult /v" on command line at a client machine
that is exhibiting GPOs problems.

Do let us know if this helps. Thanks!