Epson 2200 bluetooth ??

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
April 21, 2005 4:52:38 PM

Hi,
I have a Epson 2100 . May be it is a stupid question but , are there any
possibility of use it wireless. I mean with some kind of transmiter/receptor
like bluetooth or similar
Thanks
Aitor

More about : epson 2200 bluetooth

April 21, 2005 4:52:39 PM

Yes indeed there are a number of devices one being Belkin, and a number of
others. One part is installed in the USB port of the 2100 and the other to
your PC install the software and away you go. It may well be that the whole
printing process is slower using this type and that it may not transfer all
material, but never having tried one it's only hearsay.

"Aitor" <zzaitor.p.inclan@airtel.net> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I have a Epson 2100 . May be it is a stupid question but , are there any
> possibility of use it wireless. I mean with some kind of
transmiter/receptor
> like bluetooth or similar
> Thanks
> Aitor

Anonymous
April 21, 2005 4:52:39 PM

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 12:52:38 +0200, Aitor
<zzaitor.p.inclan@airtel.net> wrote:

>Hi,
>I have a Epson 2100 . May be it is a stupid question but , are there any
>possibility of use it wireless. I mean with some kind of transmiter/receptor
>like bluetooth or similar
>Thanks
>Aitor

If you will check Epson's web page under Supplies & Accessories you
can see the options for Bluetooth and 802.11.

They don't show the 2100 working with their bluetooth adaptor.

They do show the 2100/2200 working with a wireless 802.11g print
server. I would want the greater band width of the 802.11g my self.
April 21, 2005 6:15:03 PM

En d4841e$g6j$1@nwrdmz02.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com del 21/4/05 13:50,
"Shooter"escribió:

> Yes indeed there are a number of devices one being Belkin, and a number of
> others. One part is installed in the USB port of the 2100 and the other to
> your PC install the software

Thanks, I'm under OSX, Does anyone knows any that works with a Mac.
Anonymous
April 21, 2005 6:15:04 PM

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 14:15:03 +0200, Aitor
<zzaitor.p.inclan@airtel.net> wrote:

>En d4841e$g6j$1@nwrdmz02.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com del 21/4/05 13:50,
>"Shooter"escribió:
>
>> Yes indeed there are a number of devices one being Belkin, and a number of
>> others. One part is installed in the USB port of the 2100 and the other to
>> your PC install the software
>
>Thanks, I'm under OSX, Does anyone knows any that works with a Mac.

Bluetooth works very will with the Mac OS X. My iMac has bluetooth
mouse and key board.
Anonymous
April 21, 2005 9:12:38 PM

"Aitor" <zzaitor.p.inclan@airtel.net> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I have a Epson 2100 . May be it is a stupid question but , are there any
> possibility of use it wireless. I mean with some kind of
transmiter/receptor
> like bluetooth or similar

You can get a USB wireless extender but take care. I think many use a
proprietary standard eg they use 2.4GHz but it's not 802.11 or blue tooth
!