Imported users can't use IMAP of POP3

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
January 10, 2005 10:42:27 AM

I have an Exchange 2003 server running on Windows 2003. If I create a new
user account, they can access IMAP and POP3 via outlook. However none of
the accounts I imported from another Exchange 2003. I tried to check their
rights but don't seem to be able to find anything that could prevent them
from using either protocol.

If I set up a new user they can use imap or pop3. If I imported a mailbox
to a user, when they attempt to access IMAP it will come
up with a popup. The bluepart of the popup is Internet e-mail -
mail.yourdomain.com the next is the server name: mail.yourdomain.com
the next is username jdoe the next is password password

If I exchange a new user or an admin account for jdoe and password it works.
If I use an existing user even if it says in AD they can use pop3 and imap
it fails

I tried disabling their pop3 and imap access, saving and then enabling and
saving still no joy.

Thanks!
Anonymous
January 11, 2005 1:51:26 AM

how are those accounts imported?

--
Andrei Ungureanu
www.eventid.net

"boe" <boe_d@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have an Exchange 2003 server running on Windows 2003. If I create a new
> user account, they can access IMAP and POP3 via outlook. However none of
> the accounts I imported from another Exchange 2003. I tried to check
> their
> rights but don't seem to be able to find anything that could prevent them
> from using either protocol.
>
> If I set up a new user they can use imap or pop3. If I imported a
> mailbox to a user, when they attempt to access IMAP it will come
> up with a popup. The bluepart of the popup is Internet e-mail -
> mail.yourdomain.com the next is the server name: mail.yourdomain.com
> the next is username jdoe the next is password password
>
> If I exchange a new user or an admin account for jdoe and password it
> works.
> If I use an existing user even if it says in AD they can use pop3 and imap
> it fails
>
> I tried disabling their pop3 and imap access, saving and then enabling and
> saving still no joy.
>
> Thanks!

January 11, 2005 10:09:51 AM

I used the migration utility. I've found a part of the solution. Some
accounts will not access pop unless I rename the account! I've quadruple
checked and I had the spelling correct for the account name in outlook. If
I change the account name in AD and then outlook, I can access pop3. If I
change it back, it doesn't work! E.G if I use jdoe it won't work but if I
change the logon id to john it does!

!