roaming profiles

I would like to have 1 roaming profile for mutiple users. I have it created
and working for 1 user but I cannot get it to work for any other users. I
have checked all the settings, permissions, etc. and they are all set the
same as the user that works. I have even copied that users setting to create
a new user with the exact same settings but that did not work either. How
can I get this profile to work for mutiple users?

In order to get a single profile to work for multiple users you should
configure a group, add all users to the group, and grant full control to the
folder (and sub-folders) for the group. You then need to point all users to
the profile using the profile tab for each individual user.

I might suggest however, that you make this profile a mandatory profile
(rename ntuser.dat to ntuser.man), as if several users are using the same
profile there is more possibillities for corruption.

--

Paul Williams

http://www.msresource.net/
http://forums.msresource.net/

"Roaming Priofiles" <Roaming Priofiles@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:57207613-0E59-4AE5-B41C-C13CDAF9540F@microsoft.com...
I would like to have 1 roaming profile for mutiple users. I have it created
and working for 1 user but I cannot get it to work for any other users. I
have checked all the settings, permissions, etc. and they are all set the
same as the user that works. I have even copied that users setting to
create
a new user with the exact same settings but that did not work either. How
can I get this profile to work for mutiple users?

Paul,

You took the words right out of my mouth. Multiple users using the same
profile sounds like a problem waiting to happen!

--
Cary W. Shultz
Roanoke, VA 24014

http://www.activedirectory-win2000.com