Show Hidden Files option in Group Policy

I would like to stop my users from viewing hidden files on the network.
Where would the option be in Group Policy for that?
1 answer Last reply
More about show hidden files option group policy

    It may not be in group policy directly.

    Two approaches: build an ADM Administrative
    Template file to create the correct registry entry
    and setting.

    Perform the option setting from a batch file but
    since this one isn't available in the command
    line directly either you would end up performing
    a registry change (RegIni.exe or Reg.exe).

    Either way you have find the setting in the registry.

    But this setting is the default and only those users
    with enough self-reliance to change the setting
    will be viewing hidden files (I would be more
    likely to turn ON viewing hidden files.)

    --
    Herb Martin

    "Lisa" <Lisa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I would like to stop my users from viewing hidden files on the network.
    > Where would the option be in Group Policy for that?

Policy Hidden Files Active Directory Windows