Show Hidden Files option in Group Policy

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
January 10, 2005 11:41:05 PM

I would like to stop my users from viewing hidden files on the network.
Where would the option be in Group Policy for that?
Anonymous
January 11, 2005 4:36:49 AM

It may not be in group policy directly.

Two approaches: build an ADM Administrative
Template file to create the correct registry entry
and setting.

Perform the option setting from a batch file but
since this one isn't available in the command
line directly either you would end up performing
a registry change (RegIni.exe or Reg.exe).

Either way you have find the setting in the registry.

But this setting is the default and only those users
with enough self-reliance to change the setting
will be viewing hidden files (I would be more
likely to turn ON viewing hidden files.)

--
Herb Martin

!