Editing a group policy prompts strange behavior

Bruce

I am using remote desktop to administer a 2003 server. Whenever I try to
edit a group policy through the ADUC, I get a series of messages similiar to
the following:

Administrative Templates

The following entry in the [strings] section is too long and has been
truncated.
This policy setting allows you to manage a list of web sites that will be
allowed to open pop-up windows regardless of the Internet Explorer process's
Pop-Up Blocker settings,\n\nlf you enable this policy setting, you can enter
a list of sites which will...

Where are these settings comming from? I have looked through all
Administrative Templates and find not such setting.

If I use the GPMC, from my XP workstation, this behavior does not happen,
only when I am using remote desktop to a server.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

This is a well known bug.
See the KB below for a resolution: