Create Shared Folders With Domain User Rights

Hi
I want my domain users be able to share their local folders on their
computers.
SomeOne Told me I should Go to each computer and join that user to the
local group " Power users " But I want a centralized Soloution.
Is it possible or not ? if yes whats the soloution?
Thanks A Lot

The solution is to use Restricted Groups within a Group Policy, that
automatically adds (For example all members in Domain Users to the local
group Power Users)
Have a look at this article:
http://www.chrisse.se/MAQB.asp?ID=29
--
Regards
Christoffer Andersson

<netmin@gmail.com> skrev i meddelandet
> Hi
> I want my domain users be able to share their local folders on their
> computers.
> SomeOne Told me I should Go to each computer and join that user to the
> local group " Power users " But I want a centralized Soloution.
> Is it possible or not ? if yes whats the soloution?
> Thanks A Lot

Chris gave you a good solution for your users to be able to do this. The
use of the Restricted Groups GPO will ensure that the domain user account
objects are a member of the appropriate local Group.

However, I must ask you why you want users to be able to share local
folders? This seems like a bad idea. This would mean that they are saving
documents to their local machines and not to network servers. So, where is
the backup? What happens if they get hit by a virus and their workstations
need to be wiped and loaded? What happens in the event of hardware failure?
They get a new system, sure. But what if the hard drive was the 'hardware
failure'? Now all of that data is gone.

Not trying to be pushy but you might want to rethink this......

However, no one knows your environment like you do. Just some advice from
someone who has been there once or twice before! ;-)

--
Cary W. Shultz
Roanoke, VA 24014

http://www.activedirectory-win2000.com