permisions propagated from parent object (OU) to a chiled ..

Hi everyone, I've just created an OU called hosting just under my domain. I
uncheck the inheritable check box of hosting and make some changes to the
permisions. Under OU hosting I create a OU called company1 and when I take a
look at the permisions I realize that they have nothing to do with the ones
of the parent OU (hosting).

I thought that permisions where propagated from parent object to a chiled
object when the object chiled was first created.

Am I wrong?
What's going on?

Thanks,

Ivan Mckenzie

"Ivan Mckenzie" <imck@inerza.com> wrote in message
> Hi everyone, I've just created an OU called hosting just under my domain.
> uncheck the inheritable check box of hosting and make some changes to the
> permisions. Under OU hosting I create a OU called company1 and when I take
> look at the permisions I realize that they have nothing to do with the
ones
> of the parent OU (hosting).
>
> I thought that permisions where propagated from parent object to a chiled
> object when the object chiled was first created.

They are. Permissions are inherited at creation
and FIXED unless you change them directly or
go to the parent change AND propagate.

In general it works like directories and files.

We must be missing something because I tried it in to different AD and the
same thing happens.

Thanks

> We must be missing something because I tried it in to different AD and the
> same thing happens.

How about giving the exact permission
changes in order (try something simple but
obvious)?

--
Herb Martin

"Ivan Mckenzie" <imck@inerza.com> wrote in message
> We must be missing something because I tried it in to different AD and the
> same thing happens.
>
> Thanks
> "Herb Martin" <news@LearnQuick.com> escribió en el mensaje
> > "Ivan Mckenzie" <imck@inerza.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi everyone, I've just created an OU called hosting just under my
> domain.
> > > uncheck the inheritable check box of hosting and make some changes to
> the
> > > permisions. Under OU hosting I create a OU called company1 and when I
> take
> > > look at the permisions I realize that they have nothing to do with the
> > ones
> > > of the parent OU (hosting).
> > >
> > > I thought that permisions where propagated from parent object to a
> chiled
> > > object when the object chiled was first created.
> >

> > They are. Permissions are inherited at creation
> > and FIXED unless you change them directly or
> > go to the parent change AND propagate.
> >
> > In general it works like directories and files.

TRENDING THREADS