Please Help me with my Intel PRO/1000 CT network adapter

binar007

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2006
Fellow Forum Members,
I have and Intel PRO/1000 CT network adapter integrated into my mother board. Can somebody please help me setup an IP address to it. I'm using Windows XP SP2 and currently my local area network icon displays with a big fat red "X" because the it's not setup correctly. How do I make this big fat RED X disappear? I have an app that is using Flex LM and it won't install because it's unable to detect a Host ID. How do I properly configure the Ethernet network adapter so I can get a Host ID? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) PRO/1000 CT Network Connection

Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-0D-6E-FA-53-84

earnhardt2

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2006
Does your LAN use DHCP? If so then make sure it is enabled on your computer so that the network configures your computer automatically. If not you will need to set the information manually. What values you will need to enter will depend on your network. First go to My Network Places, then go to View Network Connections, and then right click on your connection that needs to be configured. A menu will popup, click Properties, in the window that comes up, click Internet Protocol (TCP/IP). Then click Properties. If your LAN uses DHCP, then click Obtain IP address automatically and click Obtain DNS server address automatically. If you need to configure it manually, then click Obtain the following IP Address and click Obtain the following DNS Address. In that case you would then enter the the addresses that your network requires and your computer should be all set to work on your network.

Secretninja

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2001
at the bare minimum you should have a network cable pluged into the nic and into something else like a switch on your network. once you have that if you go to control panel, network conections and right click on it chose properties, click on tcp/ip and chose properties for that you can set a static ip in there. or if you have a network you might have a dhcp server (ie your internet router might have one as part of its services) and then you would not need to set the ip manualy