more on mods

Sirahs-- I have DL'd a few mods, from LowGenius as well as a couple from
other sites. I seem unable to place them in my game. I would appreciate any
help on this. I have--Balmora house, Vivec house, Fists O'Fire. I cannot
extract them to my main game. What am i doing wrong? I would also like to
DL the mod that allows me to play 60 more quests in Soltheim, but I forgot
where to get it.
I have decided to play my game from page one inna manual, covering every
little thing. My Bal Isra site is lit up like Kennedy airport on
Thanksgiving.
Also, I promised to locate where I found that 500 dollar lamp in
Soltheim, so i am working on that. Stay tuned----
15 answers Last reply
More about more mods

    Hi, Dennis Curtis! This is a friendly line to let people know who I'm
    talking to!

    > Sirahs-- I have DL'd a few mods, from LowGenius as well as a couple
    > from other sites. I seem unable to place them in my game. I would
    > appreciate any help on this. I have--Balmora house, Vivec house, Fists
    > O'Fire. I cannot extract them to my main game. What am i doing wrong?
    > I would also like to DL the mod that allows me to play 60 more quests
    > in Soltheim, but I forgot where to get it.
    > I have decided to play my game from page one inna manual, covering
    > every
    > little thing. My Bal Isra site is lit up like Kennedy airport on
    > Thanksgiving.
    > Also, I promised to locate where I found that 500 dollar lamp in
    > Soltheim, so i am working on that. Stay tuned----

    There should be a readme file in my zip that tells you how and where to
    extract the files - some of them use new skins, so it's not just a matter
    of unzipping a .esp into \Data Files.

    Once that's done, launch the game using the original shortcut (rather than
    a tool like the FPS optimizer); click 'data files,' and select the .esp
    files you want to play with (much like selecting which expansions you want
    to use).

    --
    John Henry
    www.lowgenius.com

    1. Mods go into the "Data Files" folder. There're many subdirectories in it,
    e.g. Model, Texture. Find the readme of the mod you're using to see how to
    place the files. If no readme is available, the mod's zip/rar file is
    usually packed with the directory structure intact. Failing that, use the
    file extensions + common sense to determine where to put the files. Note
    that some mods will use new directories, e.g. "Potions" mod use a new
    directory to store its new potion icons.

    2. You need to check the mod in "Data Files" option when you launch
    Morrowind.

    3. Don't use a save that your character is in an area that the mod modifies,
    e.g. Balmora House when your save is in Balmora city, outdoors.

    On Thu, 06 May 2004 11:03:01 -0000, with the help of 10,000 Little
    Computer Monkeys (LCM'S) John Henry <jhd@inSPAMBLOCKsurgent.orgy> wrote:

    >Hi, Dennis Curtis! This is a friendly line to let people know who I'm
    >talking to!
    >
    >> Sirahs-- I have DL'd a few mods, from LowGenius as well as a couple
    >> from other sites. I seem unable to place them in my game. I would
    >> appreciate any help on this. I have--Balmora house, Vivec house, Fists
    >> O'Fire. I cannot extract them to my main game. What am i doing wrong?
    >> I would also like to DL the mod that allows me to play 60 more quests
    >> in Soltheim, but I forgot where to get it.
    >> I have decided to play my game from page one inna manual, covering
    >> every
    >> little thing. My Bal Isra site is lit up like Kennedy airport on
    >> Thanksgiving.
    >> Also, I promised to locate where I found that 500 dollar lamp in
    >> Soltheim, so i am working on that. Stay tuned----

    Thanks! ^_^

    BTW, Did you ever find your Dirty Brown pillow, and if so was it one of
    the pillows that are sometimes found on hammocks?

    >There should be a readme file in my zip that tells you how and where to
    >extract the files - some of them use new skins, so it's not just a matter
    >of unzipping a .esp into \Data Files.
    >
    >Once that's done, launch the game using the original shortcut (rather than
    >a tool like the FPS optimizer); click 'data files,' and select the .esp
    >files you want to play with (much like selecting which expansions you want
    >to use).

    Before selecting any of the .esp data files make a Pre-Mod Save Game so
    that you'll have a safe game to load if you have any problems with a
    mod.

    Also, it's a good idea to select the .esp files for ONE mod at a time so
    that you can try the mod in game play and if you have problems, you'll
    have a better idea which mod is causing them...

    Good Luck! ^_^

    That's my 2¢,

    FTA

    "In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."

    -Martin Luther King Jr.

    "FTA" <FTA@fake.email> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 06 May 2004 11:03:01 -0000, with the help of 10,000 Little
    > Computer Monkeys (LCM'S) John Henry <jhd@inSPAMBLOCKsurgent.orgy> wrote:
    >
    > >Hi, Dennis Curtis! This is a friendly line to let people know who I'm
    > >talking to!
    > >
    > >> Sirahs-- I have DL'd a few mods, from LowGenius as well as a couple
    > >> from other sites. I seem unable to place them in my game. I would
    > >> appreciate any help on this. I have--Balmora house, Vivec house, Fists
    > >> O'Fire. I cannot extract them to my main game. What am i doing wrong?
    > >> I would also like to DL the mod that allows me to play 60 more quests
    > >> in Soltheim, but I forgot where to get it.
    > >> I have decided to play my game from page one inna manual, covering
    > >> every
    > >> little thing. My Bal Isra site is lit up like Kennedy airport on
    > >> Thanksgiving.
    > >> Also, I promised to locate where I found that 500 dollar lamp in
    > >> Soltheim, so i am working on that. Stay tuned----
    >
    > Thanks! ^_^
    >
    > BTW, Did you ever find your Dirty Brown pillow, and if so was it one of
    > the pillows that are sometimes found on hammocks?
    > >
    > >There should be a readme file in my zip that tells you how and where to
    > >extract the files - some of them use new skins, so it's not just a matter
    > >of unzipping a .esp into \Data Files.
    > >
    > >Once that's done, launch the game using the original shortcut (rather
    than
    > >a tool like the FPS optimizer); click 'data files,' and select the .esp
    > >files you want to play with (much like selecting which expansions you
    want
    > >to use).
    >
    > Before selecting any of the .esp data files make a Pre-Mod Save Game so
    > that you'll have a safe game to load if you have any problems with a
    > mod.
    >
    > Also, it's a good idea to select the .esp files for ONE mod at a time so
    > that you can try the mod in game play and if you have problems, you'll
    > have a better idea which mod is causing them...
    >
    > Good Luck! ^_^
    >

    > That's my 2¢,
    >
    > FTA
    >

    > "In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the
    silence of our friends."

    > -Martin Luther King Jr.

    Youse guys are ssoooo helpful. This is a wonderful site and i am SO glad
    i discovered it. I am beginning to spend more time here than inna game!
    Thanks again! -dc

    "KC Wong" <my@privacy.net> wrote in message
    > 1. Mods go into the "Data Files" folder. There're many subdirectories in
    it,
    > e.g. Model, Texture. Find the readme of the mod you're using to see how to
    > place the files. If no readme is available, the mod's zip/rar file is
    > usually packed with the directory structure intact. Failing that, use the
    > file extensions + common sense to determine where to put the files. Note
    > that some mods will use new directories, e.g. "Potions" mod use a new
    > directory to store its new potion icons.
    >
    > 2. You need to check the mod in "Data Files" option when you launch
    > Morrowind.
    >
    > 3. Don't use a save that your character is in an area that the mod
    modifies,
    > e.g. Balmora House when your save is in Balmora city, outdoors.
    >
    > As expected, the advice is good, but may be wasted on an idiot like me. I
    assumed the DL should go to the TEC construction site, but can't find it
    there. Have not found a readme yet. I'll keep looking. Once I decide on
    something, I will bug youse all 'till I obtain instant gratification. I want
    that Balmora house! I want those fists 'o fire! LOL! I am an American! I
    want it all NOW! :-)

    "John Henry" <jhd@inSPAMBLOCKsurgent.orgy> wrote in message
    > Hi, Dennis Curtis! This is a friendly line to let people know who I'm
    > talking to!
    >
    > > Sirahs-- I have DL'd a few mods, from LowGenius as well as a couple
    > > from other sites. I seem unable to place them in my game. I would
    > > appreciate any help on this. I have--Balmora house, Vivec house, Fists
    > > O'Fire. I cannot extract them to my main game. What am i doing wrong?
    > > I would also like to DL the mod that allows me to play 60 more quests
    > > in Soltheim, but I forgot where to get it.
    > > I have decided to play my game from page one inna manual, covering
    > > every
    > > little thing. My Bal Isra site is lit up like Kennedy airport on
    > > Thanksgiving.
    > > Also, I promised to locate where I found that 500 dollar lamp in
    > > Soltheim, so i am working on that. Stay tuned----
    >
    > There should be a readme file in my zip that tells you how and where to
    > extract the files - some of them use new skins, so it's not just a matter
    > of unzipping a .esp into \Data Files.
    >
    > Once that's done, launch the game using the original shortcut (rather than
    > a tool like the FPS optimizer); click 'data files,' and select the .esp
    > files you want to play with (much like selecting which expansions you want
    > to use).

    I will proceed with all due caution. I had assumed the mods would go
    into the TEC construction site, but never found it there. At any rate, I am
    having a great time doing other things with the game.
    If I were you, I would be listening to the Alan Parsons Project. --
    regards --dennis

    > --
    > John Henry
    > www.lowgenius.com
    > If you were me, you'd be listening to Metallica - ...And Justice For All
    > Feel my squirrely wrath.
    > Remove the SPAMBLOCK and organize an orgy to reply by e-mail

    "FTA" <FTA@fake.email> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 06 May 2004 11:03:01 -0000, with the help of 10,000 Little
    > Computer Monkeys (LCM'S) John Henry <jhd@inSPAMBLOCKsurgent.orgy> wrote:
    >
    > >Hi, Dennis Curtis! This is a friendly line to let people know who I'm
    > >talking to!
    > >
    > >> Sirahs-- I have DL'd a few mods, from LowGenius as well as a couple
    > >> from other sites. I seem unable to place them in my game. I would
    > >> appreciate any help on this. I have--Balmora house, Vivec house, Fists
    > >> O'Fire. I cannot extract them to my main game. What am i doing wrong?
    > >> I would also like to DL the mod that allows me to play 60 more quests
    > >> in Soltheim, but I forgot where to get it.
    > >> I have decided to play my game from page one inna manual, covering
    > >> every
    > >> little thing. My Bal Isra site is lit up like Kennedy airport on
    > >> Thanksgiving.
    > >> Also, I promised to locate where I found that 500 dollar lamp in
    > >> Soltheim, so i am working on that. Stay tuned----
    >
    > Thanks! ^_^
    >
    > BTW, Did you ever find your Dirty Brown pillow, and if so was it one of
    > the pillows that are sometimes found on hammocks?
    > >
    > >There should be a readme file in my zip that tells you how and where to
    > >extract the files - some of them use new skins, so it's not just a matter
    > >of unzipping a .esp into \Data Files.
    > >
    > >Once that's done, launch the game using the original shortcut (rather
    than
    > >a tool like the FPS optimizer); click 'data files,' and select the .esp
    > >files you want to play with (much like selecting which expansions you
    want
    > >to use).
    >
    > Before selecting any of the .esp data files make a Pre-Mod Save Game so
    > that you'll have a safe game to load if you have any problems with a
    > mod.
    >
    > Also, it's a good idea to select the .esp files for ONE mod at a time so
    > that you can try the mod in game play and if you have problems, you'll
    > have a better idea which mod is causing them...
    >
    > Good Luck! ^_^
    >

    > That's my 2¢,
    >
    > FTA
    >

    > "In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the
    silence of our friends."

    > -Martin Luther King Jr.
    FTA-- I have only found a single dirty pillow. I have now to recall
    where i found it, and get it into my collection. I don't think there is more
    than that single one. As to be expected, it was in some forgotten place. I
    am now traveling in Solstheim, looking for that wrecked ship that had the
    500 GP lantern.
    Thank you all very much for your help.
    If this is any help: use the jump key often. It always throws the enemy
    out of sorts and makes it VERY easy to kill 'em off. They run away and get
    confused. By the time you land, one blow dusts them. I used the jump key in
    the final quest in Bloodmoon and it made it much easier. BTW, There is a
    line in the final Bloodmoon quest that is worth the price of the game.
    Anyone know what it is?--dennis

    On Fri, 07 May 2004 04:12:13 GMT, with the help of 10,000 Little
    Computer Monkeys (LCM'S) "Dennis Curtis" <curtisd1@verizon.net> wrote:

    > FTA-- I have only found a single dirty pillow. I have now to recall
    >where i found it, and get it into my collection. I don't think there is more
    >than that single one. As to be expected, it was in some forgotten place.

    Thanks! ^_^ If I ever run across your Dirty Pillow, I'll let you know
    where I found it. I'm currently collecting pillows and using them to
    create connecting pillow arches from rooftop to rooftop across the Odai
    river in Balmora. It takes around 100 pillows to create each arch and
    as soon as I finish my third arch, I'm going to start removing the lower
    pillows in each arch and use them to fill in the gaps at the top
    creating a pillow mound floating over the center of Balmora...

    >I am now traveling in Solstheim, looking for that wrecked ship that had the
    >500 GP lantern.

    My current character hasn't traveled to Solstheim yet, she's still busy
    traveling around Morrowind.

    > Thank you all very much for your help.
    > If this is any help: use the jump key often. It always throws the enemy
    >out of sorts and makes it VERY easy to kill 'em off. They run away and get
    >confused. By the time you land, one blow dusts them. I used the jump key in
    >the final quest in Bloodmoon and it made it much easier.

    That's an interesting fighting tactic, one of these days I'll hopefully
    remember to try it.

    >BTW, There is a
    >line in the final Bloodmoon quest that is worth the price of the game.
    >Anyone know what it is?--dennis

    Take Care! ^_^

    FTA wrote:

    > Thanks! ^_^ If I ever run across your Dirty Pillow, I'll let you know
    > where I found it. I'm currently collecting pillows and using them to
    > create connecting pillow arches from rooftop to rooftop across the Odai
    > river in Balmora. It takes around 100 pillows to create each arch and
    > as soon as I finish my third arch, I'm going to start removing the lower
    > pillows in each arch and use them to fill in the gaps at the top
    > creating a pillow mound floating over the center of Balmora...

    ROFLMAO!

    > Thanks! ^_^ If I ever run across your Dirty Pillow, I'll let you know
    > where I found it. I'm currently collecting pillows and using them to
    > create connecting pillow arches from rooftop to rooftop across the Odai
    > river in Balmora. It takes around 100 pillows to create each arch and
    > as soon as I finish my third arch, I'm going to start removing the lower
    > pillows in each arch and use them to fill in the gaps at the top
    > creating a pillow mound floating over the center of Balmora...

    please post or send a screenshot of that. that would be awesome to see

    Hi, The One Your Mother Warned You About! This is a friendly line to let
    people know who I'm talking to!

    >> Thanks! ^_^ If I ever run across your Dirty Pillow, I'll let you know
    >> where I found it. I'm currently collecting pillows and using them to
    >> create connecting pillow arches from rooftop to rooftop across the Odai
    >> river in Balmora. It takes around 100 pillows to create each arch and
    >> as soon as I finish my third arch, I'm going to start removing the lower
    >> pillows in each arch and use them to fill in the gaps at the top
    >> creating a pillow mound floating over the center of Balmora...
    >
    > please post or send a screenshot of that. that would be awesome to see

    Can't post it here - not a binary group. If he needs a place to put it,
    though, he can drop a line to agmfaq at lowgenius.com and I'll be more than
    happy to load it into my morrowind screenshots database.

    --
    John Henry
    www.lowgenius.com

    On Sat, 15 May 2004 00:04:08 -0400, with the help of 10,000 Little
    Computer Monkeys (LCM'S) "The One Your Mother Warned You About"
    <psychoticx@comcast.net> wrote:

    >> Thanks! ^_^ If I ever run across your Dirty Pillow, I'll let you know
    >> where I found it. I'm currently collecting pillows and using them to
    >> create connecting pillow arches from rooftop to rooftop across the Odai
    >> river in Balmora. It takes around 100 pillows to create each arch and
    >> as soon as I finish my third arch, I'm going to start removing the lower
    >> pillows in each arch and use them to fill in the gaps at the top
    >> creating a pillow mound floating over the center of Balmora...
    >
    >please post or send a screenshot of that. that would be awesome to see

    I think I've got enough pillows to finish the project, however I've been
    so busy collecting and planting seeds with the Herbalism mod, that until
    now my pillow project was put on the back burner. However since you're
    interested, I'll try to post a link here with one or more Before
    (complete arches) and After (Balmora floating pillow mound) pictures.

    I'll try to finish the project and post the screenshot pic link here
    within the next few days, or at most by next weekend since I may decide
    to add a few lights or other final touches of some kind to my pillow
    mound...

    That's my 2¢,

    FTA

    "In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."

    -Martin Luther King Jr.

    On Sat, 15 May 2004 12:16:40 -0000, with the help of 10,000 Little
    Computer Monkeys (LCM'S) John Henry <jhd@inSPAMBLOCKsurgent.orgy> wrote:

    >Hi, The One Your Mother Warned You About! This is a friendly line to let
    >people know who I'm talking to!
    >

    >>> Thanks! ^_^ If I ever run across your Dirty Pillow, I'll let you know
    >>> where I found it. I'm currently collecting pillows and using them to
    >>> create connecting pillow arches from rooftop to rooftop across the Odai
    >>> river in Balmora. It takes around 100 pillows to create each arch and
    >>> as soon as I finish my third arch, I'm going to start removing the lower
    >>> pillows in each arch and use them to fill in the gaps at the top
    >>> creating a pillow mound floating over the center of Balmora...
    >>
    >> please post or send a screenshot of that. that would be awesome to see
    >
    >Can't post it here - not a binary group. If he needs a place to put it,
    >though, he can drop a line to agmfaq at lowgenius.com and I'll be more than
    >happy to load it into my morrowind screenshots database.

    Thanks for the offer John Henry! ^_^ The interest here has convinced me
    to reactivate both of my old Geocities.com web pages, and when I've
    finished my pillow project I'll post a link here where anyone interested
    can view the pics. If when I post a link, you end up seeing any pics
    you like, you're welcome to add them to your web pages morrowind
    screenshots database...

    Take Care! ^_^

    That's my 2¢,

    FTA

    "In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."

    -Martin Luther King Jr.

    For all your Elder Scrolls related screenshot needs you could visit TES
    Screenshot Library, hosting of your screenshots are free. The link is
    http://www.cuneo.us/tesmw/

    MUST....HAVE........PICTURES......CAN'T.....LIVE......WITHOUT...........PICT
    URES........(dies)

Games Video Games