Printing actual size on paper?

I drew a circle in MS paint that is 6" in size, and I want
it to print that size on paper, I know it's a formula like,
DPI x inches or something, but, I don't know it.
Can anyone help?

Thanks, for all your help.

"js5895" <JoshTmp@nycap.rr.com> wrote in message
> I drew a circle in MS paint that is 6" in size, and I want
> it to print that size on paper, I know it's a formula like,
> DPI x inches or something, but, I don't know it.
> Can anyone help?

Ok say you want a 6" diameter circle and are printing at 300dpi.
Create an circle 6 x 300 = 1800 pixels diameter.

That's not going to work because, at 576x576 it's 8 inches on
paper, and at 1800 it would be way too big.

Thanks.

On 23 Apr 2005 13:24:34 -0700, in comp.periphs.printers "js5895"
<JoshTmp@nycap.rr.com> wrote:

>That's not going to work because, at 576x576 it's 8 inches on
>paper, and at 1800 it would be way too big.

That's only because you are printing at 72 ppi. You need to understand the
difference between ppi and dpi, Suggest you start with Wayne Fulton's site.
http://www.scantips.com/basics01.html
----------
http://EdwardGRuf.com

> That's not going to work because, at 576x576 it's 8 inches on
> paper, and at 1800 it would be way too big.

Ok a quick fix...

If 576 = 8" then you need to draw a circle

576 *6/8 = 432 (of whatever units you are using)

"Ed Ruf" <egruf_usenet@cox.net> wrote in message
> On 23 Apr 2005 13:24:34 -0700, in comp.periphs.printers "js5895"
> <JoshTmp@nycap.rr.com> wrote:
>
> >That's not going to work because, at 576x576 it's 8 inches on
> >paper, and at 1800 it would be way too big.
>
> That's only because you are printing at 72 ppi. You need to understand
the
> difference between ppi and dpi, Suggest you start with Wayne Fulton's
site.
> http://www.scantips.com/basics01.html

Yes partly my fault I said..

>>>Create an circle 6 x 300 = 1800 pixels diameter.

That only works if the image resolution is the same as the printing
resolution.

Well I did some printing at different settings, screen DPI has nothing
to do with it and printing quality DPI has nothing to do with it,
you're
right it's the screen, and I think I have the formula:
(width in pixels) x (monitor width in inches) = DPI,
then (DPI) x (inches desired) = image size in pixels. Thanks, for your
help.

Thanks.