During boot up - lsass.exe error

mT

I have a WIN2K AS SP4

During machine boot up time, after "preparint networking ..." I got a popup
error message windows said
" lsasss.exe - System Error". "Directory Service could not start because of
it can't find file specified ... error code 0x000000f...... reboot into
Directory Service Restore Mode ....by press F8 ... "

Luckly that I can still see the Directory Restore Mode Logon screen, but
unfourtantely I forgot the password for administrator of Dir. Restore Mode
logon.
Q1: How can I log on to that Dir Restore Mode under this situtation?
Q2: Even if I can login to it, what am I suppose to do afterward? The
lsass.exe error did not say what "File" it cannot find.
Q3: This server is a Win2000 DC root server w/ Exchange 2000 in it.
Should I just simply run the Win2000AS CD setup again ? to what extent upon
w/ minimum impact to the Exch and WinAD.

Thanks

MEng

mT

Please ignore this post, I dig out the password eventually.