Nervous First Time Builder can't Decide Between two Cases

apprentice25

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2006
I want to order today and finally make the plunge. I worry that I will wind up with an expensive pile of junk.
Anyway, I have chosen all of my components except for the case.
It is between the Lian Li PC-61 and the Antec Lifestyle Sonatta II case. I was reading some reviews of the Li PC-61 on Newegg. Some people say that the directions are poor, thus making it difficult to build the case. I really would appreciate feedback on this. Being a first time builder, I am trying to be careful in my selection. I would also like to purchase the Antec Modular Power Supply. The modular one that goes for about $60. Thanks in advance, and have a pleasant holiday.

I want to order today and finally make the plunge. I worry that I will wind up with an expensive pile of junk.
Anyway, I have chosen all of my components except for the case.
It is between the Lian Li PC-61 and the Antec Lifestyle Sonatta II case. I was reading some reviews of the Li PC-61 on Newegg. Some people say that the directions are poor, thus making it difficult to build the case. I really would appreciate feedback on this. Being a first time builder, I am trying to be careful in my selection. I would also like to purchase the Antec Modular Power Supply. The modular one that goes for about $60. Thanks in advance, and have a pleasant holiday.

I built a pc with the same Lian Li case last year. Only complaint, if you install your optical drives in the top two 5.25 bays it is hard to get to them from the inside. I put my DVD-ROM, DVD-RW in the bottom two 5.25 bays and it works well. The case has a 80mm roof fan as well as two 80mm intake fans in front of the HDDs and a single 80mm exhaust fan. Nice enough case to be sure. The Lian Li case has a slid out MB tray. Anymore I like holding the MB above the tray and installing the front panel connectors before I bolt it in.

I want to build that Sonata case that's on sale. I started building a second SLI rig on this case tonight. So far I'm not impressed with it except for the huge 120mm exhaust fan.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811119077

angry_ducky

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2006
I'd get the Lian-Li; they're pretty much the best quality cases you can buy. But the Sonata comes with a pretty good built-in PSU. In the end it's your decision; I'd go with the Lian-Li.

pengwin

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2006
I'd get the Lian-Li; they're pretty much the best quality cases you can buy. But the Sonata comes with a pretty good built-in PSU. In the end it's your decision; I'd go with the Lian-Li.

agreed, but if ur on a budget. Sonata II is a good choice.

donco

Distinguished
May 27, 2006
you should also consider the p180, it has great airflow and its about the same price as the lian-li

sry my bad i tought you were talking about the pc60plus, its $20 more, grab another 20 and ull have a great case