Trust Relationship between NT domain and a windows 2000 na..

Hello,

is is possible? trust between windows nt domain and a windows 2000 native
mode??

I have a trust relationship between a nt domain and a windows 2000 domain
mixed mode. but now, i will migrate the windows 2000 domain to native mode,
the trust relationship will continue to work?

Thanks.
3 answers Last reply
More about trust relationship domain windows 2000

    Switching to native mode only affects replication between Win 2k/2k3 DCs and
    NT 4.0 BDCs.

    It has no effect on trusts.

    hth
    DDS W 2k MVP MCSE

    "Maurit" <Maurit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > is is possible? trust between windows nt domain and a windows 2000 native
    > mode??
    >
    > I have a trust relationship between a nt domain and a windows 2000 domain
    > mixed mode. but now, i will migrate the windows 2000 domain to native
    > mode,
    > the trust relationship will continue to work?
    >
    > Thanks.

    Same answer as the other guys (Cary and Danny) plus:

    Native mode is NOT the issue but making sure that
    NetBIOS name resolution works is where most people
    mess up.

    External trusts (those used with NT or between domains
    of different forests) require NetBIOS name resolution.

    If you have multiple subnets this can require WINS Server.

    --
    Herb Martin

    "Maurit" <Maurit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > is is possible? trust between windows nt domain and a windows 2000 native
    > mode??
    >
    > I have a trust relationship between a nt domain and a windows 2000 domain
    > mixed mode. but now, i will migrate the windows 2000 domain to native
    mode,
    > the trust relationship will continue to work?
    >
    > Thanks.

    As Danny loves to tell people, Mixed Mode or Native Mode affects only one
    thing: WINNT 4.0 BDC or not!

    I would suggest to you that you take a look at installing the Support Tools
    from the Service Pack CD or download it from the MS web site and use netdom
    to create the trusts......Sometimes when you use the ADDC MMC and everything
    is indeed correct it will not work. You will waste a lot of time trying to
    fix something that you simply will not be able to fix. This does not happen
    when using netdom ( assuming, naturally, that everything else is in order ).

    --
    Cary W. Shultz
    Roanoke, VA 24014

    http://www.activedirectory-win2000.com
    http://www.grouppolicy-win2000.com

    "Maurit" <Maurit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > is is possible? trust between windows nt domain and a windows 2000 native
    > mode??
    >
    > I have a trust relationship between a nt domain and a windows 2000 domain
    > mixed mode. but now, i will migrate the windows 2000 domain to native
    > mode,
    > the trust relationship will continue to work?
    >
    > Thanks.

Domain Windows 2000 Active Directory Windows