Realy good book

Nemo

Hi,
Know anyone realy good, worthy reading on middle/ advanced level to active
directory ?

Or any book which good explein security with active directory ?

"nemo" <warlock79@poczta.onet.pl> wrote in message
> Hi,
> Know anyone realy good, worthy reading on middle/ advanced level to active
> directory ?
>
> Or any book which good explein security with active directory ?

The help is worth reading -- and the articles in TechNet or
elsewhere on the MS Site.

My favorite books are the O'Reilly Active Directory book
and the Active Directory Design and Deployment by Gary
Olsen -- both are a bit dated now, but they go somewhat
beyond the obvious and contain few serious errors.

Olsen's book is on Amazon (new & used) for $2.95.

The O'Reilly book Active Directory, Second Edition
is now in the 2nd edition which I haven't read which
might be (probably is) an improvement.

--
Herb Martin

The two advanced level books I would say are Inside Active Directory and
Managing Active Directory Services. As a whole, they tend to be too advanced for
most of the AD Admins out there. Inside AD has a great chapter on security and a
really great chapter on security. Managing has some cool stuff in terms of
scripting things with perl.

Most admins would consider Active Directory Cookbook as on the edge of how
advanced they really want. It is a really good book that gives "recipes" on how
to do various things. Usually a GUI method, a script method, and a command line
method.

joe

www.joeware.net