Closed

VOIP provider with French incoming number?

Hi,

As the title says, I'm trying to find a VOIP provider who can give
(preferably free!) an incoming french PSTN number.
I've had a long hunt but had no luck - and my own french is fairly
limited.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Cheers,

Mark
6 answers Last reply
More about voip provider french incoming number

    >As the title says, I'm trying to find a VOIP provider who can give
    >(preferably free!) an incoming french PSTN number. I've had a long
    >hunt but had no luck - and my own french is fairly limited.

    I agree that you're not likely to find free incoming numbers now that
    the dot.com bubble has burst. If you're willing to pay a modest
    amount, they're easy to find.

    Lingo offers Paris numbers as an addon to any of their plans for
    $10/mo. Their standard outbound service includes France in the local
    area.

    IConnectHere offers numbers in Paris and Nice as an addon for $8/mo.
    They also have plans that include outbound to France.

    > As the title says, I'm trying to find a VOIP provider who can give
    > (preferably free!) an incoming french PSTN number. I've had a long hunt
    > but had no luck - and my own french is fairly limited.

    I doubt very much you'll find such a thing free. The next best thing would
    be http://www.wengo.fr with an incoming normal phone number and
    unlimited national dialing for 6eu/month. However, they may not allow
    people to register if they're not in France.

    A very good company I have done business with is
    http://www.acropolistelecom.com and I know they can do France DID but I'm
    not sure how much it would cost. I'd venture a guess at 7-10 eu/month.

    There is a listing of other French service providers on the asterisk voip
    wiki.

    >I doubt very much you'll find such a thing free. The next best thing
    >would be http://www.wengo.fr with an incoming normal phone number and
    >unlimited national dialing for 6eu/month. However, they may not allow
    >people to register if they're not in France.

    It looks to me like you can sign up from outside France if you use
    their downloadable softphone, but if you want the TA, they'll only
    ship that within France. I got to the point in the signup where I
    was asked to enter my credit card, so it looks like it'd have worked.

    > There is a listing of other French service providers on the asterisk voip
    > wiki.

    http://voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=VOIP+Service+Providers+Business

    I had to exit the new reader to find that link

    hth
  5. Archived from groups: comp.dcom.voice-over-ip (More info?)

    Thanks to you both for your answers - looks like wengo.fr is my best
    option - apparently they used to give non-geo numbers when you
    registered, but now it seems you have to buy credit to get an incoming
    number.

    Cheers,

    Mark
  6. Archived from groups: comp.dcom.voice-over-ip (More info?)

    > looks like wengo.fr is my best
    > option - apparently they used to give non-geo numbers when you
    > registered, but now it seems you have to buy credit to get an incoming
    > number.

    Incoming numbers come only with monthly unlmimited, not pay as you go. I
    think the hitch would come when you actually authorize your CC at which
    point it might tell you that the address doesn't match with any geo area.
    They have also had problems giving numbers in certain areas.

    I have been on wengo since the 1 euro beta that lasted 5 months! It works
    well for the price although if you don't speak French, it can be a big
    problem since sometimes they have changed the login procedure without
    every notifying anyone. I had to go on the forum and search to find that
    out.

    There is also Skype that now will give Paris and London (and many other)
    numbers and has a decent per minute rate and incoming cost, BUT they don't
    do SIP or IAX as you likely know.

    hth

vpn IP VoIP Networking