How to disallow GPO to run on Windows servers

TJ

Hi Folks:
We have a corporate-wide GPO that maps drives, open intranet site
automaitcally on startup etc. This GPO is applied to all users. After
awhile, it gets annoying when I log into multiple Windows 2000 servers. Is
there anyway to bypass or not allow this GPO to be applied when a user
(domain admins or domain users) logs into a Windows 2000 server? Is there a
batch file I can create? Is there a modification on the GPO I can do?
Please advise.

For logging into servers for admin purposes you should have a separate ID that
is a specific ID for doing admin things. For instance I would have a joe and a
$joe id, the $joe is the ID that has admin rights to log into servers and such
and joe is used for my normal stuff like editing docs and reading email. Then
the admin IDs are in an OU that doesn't have a GPO applied.

joe

www.joeware.net