Oops....Vintage Brandy:

It turns out that I may have hocked off the bottle of vintage brandy that is
supposed to be found in the basement of the house of the Hlaalu gentleman
whose murder I just solved.

And it also now turns out that I need the bottle for a thieves' guild quest.

I do know one thing for sure...I completely looted that house, and I don't
remember seeing the brandy. However, there were an aweful lot of bottles.
Ordinarily, all of the items I loot that have abnormal names go into a crate
back at the Seyda Need census and excise office. However, since my
character spends a good amount of time mixing potions and selling them for
profit, there is a good chance that I might have accidentally sold this.

Is there any way I can retrace my steps? Any way there might be another
bottle of vintage brandy out there somewhere that might suffice?

If I'm asking too much, if anyone can even supply me with the name of the
brandy exactly how it appears in the game, I would appreciated it.

I'm pretty certain I sold the item somewhere in Balmora, but I"ve checked
every vendor in town and have not been able to locate it. I even went back
to the Moonmoth Fort, Pelagiad, and Seyda Neen, the only two places I had
been up to that point, and had no luck with the vendors there eitehr.

bryan k wrote:
|| It turns out that I may have hocked off the bottle of vintage brandy
|| that is supposed to be found in the basement of the house of the
|| Hlaalu gentleman whose murder I just solved.
|| And it also now turns out that I need the bottle for a thieves'
|| guild quest.
|| I do know one thing for sure...I completely looted that house, and I
|| don't remember seeing the brandy. However, there were an aweful lot
|| of bottles. Ordinarily, all of the items I loot that have abnormal
|| names go into a crate back at the Seyda Need census and excise
|| office. However, since my character spends a good amount of time
|| mixing potions and selling them for profit, there is a good chance
|| that I might have accidentally sold this.
|| Is there any way I can retrace my steps? Any way there might be
|| another bottle of vintage brandy out there somewhere that might
|| suffice?
|| If I'm asking too much, if anyone can even supply me with the name
|| of the brandy exactly how it appears in the game, I would
|| appreciated it.
|| I'm pretty certain I sold the item somewhere in Balmora, but I"ve
|| checked every vendor in town and have not been able to locate it. I
|| even went back to the Moonmoth Fort, Pelagiad, and Seyda Neen, the
|| only two places I had been up to that point, and had no luck with
|| the vendors there eitehr.

Hello,

Not sure about that particular quest, as I'm not a member of House Hlaalu or
the theives' guild, but Creeper has a bottle of "Ancient Dagoth Brandy"
(IIRC) for sale for 1500 bucks.

HTH,
-joe.

Apparently, 1 in 5 people in the world are Chinese. And there
are 5 people in my family, so it must be one of them. It's
either my mom or my dad. Or my older brother Colin. Or my
younger brother Ho-Cha-Chu. But I think it's Colin.

"Joe Mama" <none@all.causeidontlikespam.com> wrote in message
> bryan k wrote:
> || It turns out that I may have hocked off the bottle of vintage brandy
> || that is supposed to be found in the basement of the house of the
> || Hlaalu gentleman whose murder I just solved.
> || And it also now turns out that I need the bottle for a thieves'
> || guild quest.
> || I do know one thing for sure...I completely looted that house, and I
> || don't remember seeing the brandy. However, there were an aweful lot
> || of bottles. Ordinarily, all of the items I loot that have abnormal
> || names go into a crate back at the Seyda Need census and excise
> || office. However, since my character spends a good amount of time
> || mixing potions and selling them for profit, there is a good chance
> || that I might have accidentally sold this.
> || Is there any way I can retrace my steps? Any way there might be
> || another bottle of vintage brandy out there somewhere that might
> || suffice?
> || If I'm asking too much, if anyone can even supply me with the name
> || of the brandy exactly how it appears in the game, I would
> || appreciated it.
> || I'm pretty certain I sold the item somewhere in Balmora, but I"ve
> || checked every vendor in town and have not been able to locate it. I
> || even went back to the Moonmoth Fort, Pelagiad, and Seyda Neen, the
> || only two places I had been up to that point, and had no luck with
> || the vendors there eitehr.
>
> Hello,
>
> Not sure about that particular quest, as I'm not a member of House Hlaalu
or
> the theives' guild, but Creeper has a bottle of "Ancient Dagoth Brandy"
> (IIRC) for sale for 1500 bucks.

I'm not sure if that will do, but it may be good information to know for the
future.

Thank you for the response.

> Apparently, 1 in 5 people in the world are Chinese. And there
> are 5 people in my family, so it must be one of them. It's
> either my mom or my dad. Or my older brother Colin. Or my
> younger brother Ho-Cha-Chu. But I think it's Colin.

This sig is classic. I laughed my butt off after reading it.

On Tue, 11 May 2004 14:57:48 -0500, "bryan k" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote:

>It turns out that I may have hocked off the bottle of vintage brandy that is
>supposed to be found in the basement of the house of the Hlaalu gentleman
>whose murder I just solved.
>
>And it also now turns out that I need the bottle for a thieves' guild quest.
>
>I do know one thing for sure...I completely looted that house, and I don't
>remember seeing the brandy. However, there were an aweful lot of bottles.
>Ordinarily, all of the items I loot that have abnormal names go into a crate
>back at the Seyda Need census and excise office. However, since my
>character spends a good amount of time mixing potions and selling them for
>profit, there is a good chance that I might have accidentally sold this.
>
>Is there any way I can retrace my steps? Any way there might be another
>bottle of vintage brandy out there somewhere that might suffice?
>
>If I'm asking too much, if anyone can even supply me with the name of the
>brandy exactly how it appears in the game, I would appreciated it.
>
>I'm pretty certain I sold the item somewhere in Balmora, but I"ve checked
>every vendor in town and have not been able to locate it. I even went back
>to the Moonmoth Fort, Pelagiad, and Seyda Neen, the only two places I had
>been up to that point, and had no luck with the vendors there eitehr.

The vintage brandy is not unique - any vintage brandy will do. Looking
at the editor, you could also find it in
Tel Uvirith, Arelas' House
Saturan
Odirniran
Chun-Ook, Cabin
You might also find some bartender sells it - that's not easy to look up
so I don't know.
The name is "Vintage Brandy" and the code is p_vintagecomberrybrandy1
--
Greg Johnson
One tentacle, one vote.

"Greg Johnson" <gsj@labyrinth.net.au> wrote in message
> On Tue, 11 May 2004 14:57:48 -0500, "bryan k" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote:
>
> >It turns out that I may have hocked off the bottle of vintage brandy that
is
> >supposed to be found in the basement of the house of the Hlaalu gentleman
> >whose murder I just solved.
> >
> >And it also now turns out that I need the bottle for a thieves' guild
quest.

> >I do know one thing for sure...I completely looted that house, and I
don't
> >remember seeing the brandy. However, there were an aweful lot of
bottles.
> >Ordinarily, all of the items I loot that have abnormal names go into a
crate
> >back at the Seyda Need census and excise office. However, since my
> >character spends a good amount of time mixing potions and selling them
for
> >profit, there is a good chance that I might have accidentally sold this.
> >
> >Is there any way I can retrace my steps? Any way there might be another
> >bottle of vintage brandy out there somewhere that might suffice?
> >
> >If I'm asking too much, if anyone can even supply me with the name of the
> >brandy exactly how it appears in the game, I would appreciated it.
> >
> >I'm pretty certain I sold the item somewhere in Balmora, but I"ve checked
> >every vendor in town and have not been able to locate it. I even went
back
> >to the Moonmoth Fort, Pelagiad, and Seyda Neen, the only two places I had
> >been up to that point, and had no luck with the vendors there eitehr.
> >
> The vintage brandy is not unique - any vintage brandy will do.

That is good to know.

> Looking
> at the editor, you could also find it in
> Tel Uvirith, Arelas' House
> Saturan
> Odirniran
> Chun-Ook, Cabin
> You might also find some bartender sells it - that's not easy to look up
> so I don't know.
> The name is "Vintage Brandy" and the code is p_vintagecomberrybrandy1

Thanks for the advice. I tried using the editor, but that was too much
information to take in all at once while I had one specific question to be
answered. I did see that there were five locations listed for "vintage
brandy", but I wasn't sure if that was the proper name for the brandy in
question.

I'll keep my eyes peeled. I haven't encountered any of the places you
mention yet, but I'm sure I will. I love exploring even if it means that my
character will level up too quickly.

bryan K wrote:

> "Greg Johnson" <gsj@labyrinth.net.au> wrote

> > Tel Uvirith, Arelas' House
> > Saturan
> > Odirniran
> > Chun-Ook, Cabin
> > You might also find some bartender sells it - that's not easy to look up
> > so I don't know.
> > The name is "Vintage Brandy" and the code is p_vintagecomberrybrandy1
>
> Thanks for the advice. I tried using the editor, but that was too much
> information to take in all at once while I had one specific question to be
> answered. I did see that there were five locations listed for "vintage
> brandy", but I wasn't sure if that was the proper name for the brandy in
> question.
>
> I'll keep my eyes peeled. I haven't encountered any of the places you
> mention yet, but I'm sure I will.

FWIW, Saturan is a bandit's cave that is just over the mountains to the
north of Suran. Levitate over the mountain for a shortcut.

"ToolPackinMama" <laura@lauragoodwin.org> wrote in message
> bryan K wrote:
> >
> > "Greg Johnson" <gsj@labyrinth.net.au> wrote
>
> > > Tel Uvirith, Arelas' House
> > > Saturan
> > > Odirniran
> > > Chun-Ook, Cabin
> > > You might also find some bartender sells it - that's not easy to look
up
> > > so I don't know.
> > > The name is "Vintage Brandy" and the code is p_vintagecomberrybrandy1
> >
> > Thanks for the advice. I tried using the editor, but that was too much
> > information to take in all at once while I had one specific question to
be
> > answered. I did see that there were five locations listed for "vintage
> > brandy", but I wasn't sure if that was the proper name for the brandy in
> > question.
> >
> > I'll keep my eyes peeled. I haven't encountered any of the places you
> > mention yet, but I'm sure I will.
>
> FWIW, Saturan is a bandit's cave that is just over the mountains to the
> north of Suran. Levitate over the mountain for a shortcut.

Great advice. I haven't made it to Suran yet, but at least now I know
exactly where I need to go.

Thanks:)

icon

bryan k wrote:

> [...]

Try opening the console, by pressing ~
Then type "player->additem p_vintagecomberrybrandy1"
Without the quotes.

Ok, a cheat, but then again, had you known you wouldn't have sold it.

"Icon" <carnajo@nospam.co.za> wrote in message

> Try opening the console, by pressing ~
> Then type "player->additem p_vintagecomberrybrandy1"
> Without the quotes.
>
> Ok, a cheat, but then again, had you known you wouldn't have sold it.

excellent advice, and it worked

Thank you.

And I'm more prone to believe I drank it rather than sold it.

Go find the person you sold it to. I lay odds that it is still there.