Since downloading Sp2 I have lost all images and instead get little squares
with coloured shapes in it. My systems restore wont let me go past the date
Sp2 was downloaded so I cant get rid of it that way. I have made sure the
'block image' box is unticked via tools options etc in OE but this has made
no difference. Can you help? Thanks in anticipation...
alisona.

peter

Defrag, use the clean-up utility in Start/Control Panel/Performance and
Maintenance/Free up space...
Run Adaware SE and Spybot Search & Destroy and CWShredder and a good
anti-virus and firewall programme......for starters. That actually should
have been done prior to installing SP2.
Check for and download Java Runtime from Sun Microsystems and check that you
have the latest Flash and Shockwave from Macromedia. In IE Tools/Internet
Options/Advanced untick the Microsoft VM and tick Java Sun....just a few
suggestions until someone else comes up with something.

--
Peter.
Toronto, Canada.

"Peter" wrote:

> Defrag, use the clean-up utility in Start/Control Panel/Performance and
> Maintenance/Free up space...
> Run Adaware SE and Spybot Search & Destroy and CWShredder and a good
> anti-virus and firewall programme......for starters. That actually should
> have been done prior to installing SP2.
> Check for and download Java Runtime from Sun Microsystems and check that you
> have the latest Flash and Shockwave from Macromedia. In IE Tools/Internet
> Options/Advanced untick the Microsoft VM and tick Java Sun....just a few
> suggestions until someone else comes up with something.
>
> --
> Peter.
> Toronto, Canada.
> XP Home SP2.
> P4 Dual HT @ 3.0ghz, 160gb HD, 1.0gb DDR.
> "alisona" <alisona@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Since downloading Sp2 I have lost all images and instead get little
> > squares
> > with coloured shapes in it. My systems restore wont let me go past the
> > date
> > Sp2 was downloaded so I cant get rid of it that way. I have made sure the
> > 'block image' box is unticked via tools options etc in OE but this has
> > made
> > no difference. Can you help? Thanks in anticipation...
> > alisona.
>
> Thanks for replying Peter, I followed all instructions down to ...prior to installing Sp2. All is clear and I had no need to defrag. The problem remains with the next bit. I dont appear to have Java Runtime...how do I get it? I seem to have lost Flash and Shockwave from Macromedia, any idea as to how to replace? Ventured into the depths of IE/tls/int.opts/Adv. to untick VM and tick Java Sun,as suggested by you, however, All I found was ' Use HTTP1.1 through proxy connections Microsoft VM', this box was not ticked.
HTTP1.1 is ticked. The only Java things are 'Java console enabled (requires
restart)'...not ticked and 'Java logging enabled' also not ticked. Does any
of this make any sense at all to you? I'm off to lie down in a dark room.
However, if you can help, I would very much appreciate it. Many thanks.
alisona.

You should be able to download the latest versions of the Java runtime,
Flash, and Shockwave from their websites. It sounds like you need to
reinstall them anyway.

> "Peter" wrote:
>
>> Defrag, use the clean-up utility in Start/Control Panel/Performance and
>> Maintenance/Free up space...
>> Run Adaware SE and Spybot Search & Destroy and CWShredder and a good
>> anti-virus and firewall programme......for starters. That actually
>> should
>> have been done prior to installing SP2.
>> Check for and download Java Runtime from Sun Microsystems and check that
>> you
>> have the latest Flash and Shockwave from Macromedia. In IE
>> Tools/Internet
>> Options/Advanced untick the Microsoft VM and tick Java Sun....just a few
>> suggestions until someone else comes up with something.
>>
>> --
>> Peter.
>> Toronto, Canada.
>> XP Home SP2.
>> P4 Dual HT @ 3.0ghz, 160gb HD, 1.0gb DDR.
>> "alisona" <alisona@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Since downloading Sp2 I have lost all images and instead get little
>> > squares
>> > with coloured shapes in it. My systems restore wont let me go past the
>> > date
>> > Sp2 was downloaded so I cant get rid of it that way. I have made sure
>> > the
>> > 'block image' box is unticked via tools options etc in OE but this has
>> > made
>> > no difference. Can you help? Thanks in anticipation...
>> > alisona.
>>
>> Thanks for replying Peter, I followed all instructions down to ...prior
>> to installing Sp2. All is clear and I had no need to defrag. The problem
>> remains with the next bit. I dont appear to have Java Runtime...how do I
>> get it? I seem to have lost Flash and Shockwave from Macromedia, any idea
>> as to how to replace? Ventured into the depths of IE/tls/int.opts/Adv. to
>> untick VM and tick Java Sun,as suggested by you, however, All I found was
>> ' Use HTTP1.1 through proxy connections Microsoft VM', this box was not
>> ticked.
> HTTP1.1 is ticked. The only Java things are 'Java console enabled
> (requires
> restart)'...not ticked and 'Java logging enabled' also not ticked. Does
> any
> of this make any sense at all to you? I'm off to lie down in a dark room.
> However, if you can help, I would very much appreciate it. Many thanks.
> alisona.

peter

Scan down this page to .....JRE and download that
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/download.html
Macromedia Flash is here:
http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash

--
Peter.
Toronto, Canada.
XP Home SP2.
P4 Dual HT @ 3.0ghz, 160gb HD, 1.0gb DDR.
"alisona" <alisona@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> "Peter" wrote:
>
>> Defrag, use the clean-up utility in Start/Control Panel/Performance and
>> Maintenance/Free up space...
>> Run Adaware SE and Spybot Search & Destroy and CWShredder and a good
>> anti-virus and firewall programme......for starters. That actually
>> should
>> have been done prior to installing SP2.
>> Check for and download Java Runtime from Sun Microsystems and check that
>> you
>> have the latest Flash and Shockwave from Macromedia. In IE
>> Tools/Internet
>> Options/Advanced untick the Microsoft VM and tick Java Sun....just a few
>> suggestions until someone else comes up with something.
>>
>> --
>> Peter.
>> Toronto, Canada.
>> XP Home SP2.
>> P4 Dual HT @ 3.0ghz, 160gb HD, 1.0gb DDR.
>> "alisona" <alisona@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Since downloading Sp2 I have lost all images and instead get little
>> > squares
>> > with coloured shapes in it. My systems restore wont let me go past the
>> > date
>> > Sp2 was downloaded so I cant get rid of it that way. I have made sure
>> > the
>> > 'block image' box is unticked via tools options etc in OE but this has
>> > made
>> > no difference. Can you help? Thanks in anticipation...
>> > alisona.
>>
>> Thanks for replying Peter, I followed all instructions down to ...prior
>> to installing Sp2. All is clear and I had no need to defrag. The problem
>> remains with the next bit. I dont appear to have Java Runtime...how do I
>> get it? I seem to have lost Flash and Shockwave from Macromedia, any idea
>> as to how to replace? Ventured into the depths of IE/tls/int.opts/Adv. to
>> untick VM and tick Java Sun,as suggested by you, however, All I found was
>> ' Use HTTP1.1 through proxy connections Microsoft VM', this box was not
>> ticked.
> HTTP1.1 is ticked. The only Java things are 'Java console enabled
> (requires
> restart)'...not ticked and 'Java logging enabled' also not ticked. Does
> any
> of this make any sense at all to you? I'm off to lie down in a dark room.
> However, if you can help, I would very much appreciate it. Many thanks.
> alisona.

Hi,
I dont know how to fix this I have the same thing
happening, I know there is a new security thingy in OE
that doesnt allow the download of pics in E Mails because
apparantely the Email once opened then connects to a site
that hosts the pics so to allow the E Mail to be smaller
but this connection allow the site to log your IP add or
to download a virus to you.
If you right click on one of the pics "Show Picture" it
should open all the pics for that page but I cant help
you beyond this sorry.