ATI/Nvidia GPU Physics not as good as Ageia's

Yeah, either that or someone straight out of art/design school making his first primitive engine, and getting all of Ageia's free tools and saying, whoa A>B.

The fact that the articles misses some major points:

- No one can by a 3 card ATi approved setup in retail yet, so the buy now statement rings hollow. and speaking to the buy now...

- Unlike the PPU the second GPU in an Xfire setup has a utility until the option is more widely used.

- The X1600 (let alone X1300) is cheaper, not more expensive than the PPU as was stated.

- As a developer the originator of these thoughts missing the point that the most important thing is not whether or not A>B but whether you can use A&B to sell more of your game. Thhat is the biggest reason I don't think this is an unbiased informed source, because that would be paramount more than talking about two as yet unneccesary implementations.

At best this is an EPIC developer touting Ageia's line, but that would mean he's doing it at the expense of his other over-lord nV.

Strange article, and just looks like it was written without a critical eye IMO.

Well I don't know, it almsot sounds like someone working with their dev kits who's getting PO'ed by people like myself questioning Ageia's strategy at all. So they go out of their way to defend basically a product without any killer app yet.

I sure hope Ageia's not there yet, but it wouldn't surprise me if they're usuing the same PR tactics that ATi and nV use of leaking 'open questions' to select media persons.

Yeah, hey, how come A doesn't have this, B does, people should be looking as B for the long term.

We got so used to it with nV and ATi that really I guess we didn't notice that this is nothing new for the VPU market, and since Ageia's competing with the GPU guys why not compete in their fashion?

Seriously what would you do in response to a presentation like this (check last half of article for physics and a pic of an asian babe);

http://www.digit-life.com/articles2/editorial/ct2006-05.html

Dante_Jose_Cuervo

Distinguished
May 9, 2006
Personally I think he was paid because you know how today's businesses work, it's all about money... As for the whole concept of Aegia I think it's a good idea but they need to get those drivers perfected because unless they don't they're out of the market.

dvdpiddy

Splendid
Feb 3, 2006
Well I don't know, it almsot sounds like someone working with their dev kits who's getting PO'ed by people like myself questioning Ageia's strategy at all. So they go out of their way to defend basically a product without any killer app yet.

I sure hope Ageia's not there yet, but it wouldn't surprise me if they're usuing the same PR tactics that ATi and nV use of leaking 'open questions' to select media persons.

Yeah, hey, how come A doesn't have this, B does, people should be looking as B for the long term.

We got so used to it with nV and ATi that really I guess we didn't notice that this is nothing new for the VPU market, and since Ageia's competing with the GPU guys why not compete in their fashion?

Seriously what would you do in response to a presentation like this (check last half of article for physics and a pic of an asian babe);

http://www.digit-life.com/articles2/editorial/ct2006-05.html
I wonder does asus do this?

IMO, Ageia needs a killer app. Right now it just looks like they launched too soo, there's no really compeling reason to get one right now, and even less to spend $250 now versus 3+ months from now. That's their biggest drawback IMO.

It would be far better if they had launched later at the time there were more titles.

Right now it's like someone trying to sell an HD-DVD/BluRay player a year before the titles are available, when people know that by the time the titles are available there'll be better models, and the price of the current one will come down, and they will likely have any kinks fixed by then. That to me encapsulates Ageia's situation. There's alot of potential there, but little reason to buy right now.