local paswords

frank

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I have over 200 windows 2000 pc with local passwords all different.

What is the simplest and easy way to change it all them from one desk top.

Please exaplain step by step

thanks

Or, in addition to what Paul has suggested you could use cusrmgr.exe to do
this! Have a look at the following MSKB Article:

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=272530

Just one more way to do it! It is always good to have choices!

--
Cary W. Shultz
Roanoke, VA 24014

http://www.activedirectory-win2000.com
http://www.grouppolicy-win2000.com

"frank" <frank@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have over 200 windows 2000 pc with local passwords all different.
>
> What is the simplest and easy way to change it all them from one desk top.
>
> Please exaplain step by step
>

> thanks

A startup script.

Create a GPO that has all of these computers within its scope, and assign a
startup script that is a batch file that does this:

net user administrator newPassword

Reboot the machines and this will reset the password.

--

Paul Williams

http://www.msresource.net
http://forums.msresource.net