Is there a way to automatically add new users to groups.....

Is there a way to automatically add new users to groups based upon the OU you
create the new user account in?

For example I have three OU's, Finance Marketing and Sales. If I was to
create a new user in the Sales OU, I was wondering if there is a way to have
that new user added to the necessary groups associated with Sales. For
example a group membership necessary for users in the sales dept.

Thanks in advance for your help

You could set up a template user account in each OU, give template the
relevant settings and group memberships etc. Then when you need to create a
new user, just take a copy of the template user for that OU.

Also, if you make the first charactor of the template user an underscore
then it will appear at the top of the list of all accounts in that OU making
it easy to find when ever you create a new user.

Don't forget disable the template account of course.

Paul.

"rbojorq@tmc-act.com" <rbojorqtmcactcom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:DF4831FB-36AD-48CC-82F1-A2BB670F77E6@microsoft.com...
> Is there a way to automatically add new users to groups based upon the OU
> you
> create the new user account in?
>
> For example I have three OU's, Finance Marketing and Sales. If I was to
> create a new user in the Sales OU, I was wondering if there is a way to
> have
> that new user added to the necessary groups associated with Sales. For
> example a group membership necessary for users in the sales dept.
>
> Thanks in advance for your help

Or you could script this.
You can set many fields for a user upon creation as well as group
membership.

--
BRIAN EDWARDO