Cannot connect W2K server Domain controller from client ma..

we have one domain controller in windows 2000 server to connect client w98
machines. Connection between client are able establish only for few minutes
from normal booting of the server in normal mode. After few minutes
connection could not be established from client.
Instead if we boot the server in safe mode with networking system we are
able to connect the client machine properly.

requires clarification for the normal mode connection.

Hi

Go and check this link, this might give you an idea where to start looking
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=323455

"elmaqvijay" <elmaqvijay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> we have one domain controller in windows 2000 server to connect client w98
> machines. Connection between client are able establish only for few
> minutes
> from normal booting of the server in normal mode. After few minutes
> connection could not be established from client.
> Instead if we boot the server in safe mode with networking system we are
> able to connect the client machine properly.
>
> requires clarification for the normal mode connection.

Not really sure what your problem is. I am assuming it is because of
English. No offense intended. I have lived in foreign countries before and
did have problems in the beginning.

Seems like you have a WIN2000 Active Directory and you have WIN98 Clients.
Have you tried to install the ADClient on the WIN98 systems? It seems a bit
weird that things work in AD Restore Mode.

Install the ADClient on the WIN98 clients. If that does not fix things then
let's focus on the Domain Controllers.

Install the Support Tools from the Service Pack CD Media or download it from
the MS Web Site. Then run dcdiag /c /v and see what the results are. Do
you have multiple Domain Controllers? Do you have WINS installed? What
type of DNS do you have ( primary / secondary or Active Directory
Integrated )? How are the clients getting their IP Lease information (
assuming from DHCP )? What DNS information do they have?

--
Cary W. Shultz
Roanoke, VA 24014

http://www.activedirectory-win2000.com