Cannot connect W2K server Domain controller from client ma..

we have one domain controller in windows 2000 server to connect client w98
machines. Connection between client are able establish only for few minutes
from normal booting of the server in normal mode. After few minutes
connection could not be established from client.
Instead if we boot the server in safe mode with networking system we are
able to connect the client machine properly.

requires clarification for the normal mode connection.
2 answers Last reply
More about cannot connect server domain controller client

    Hi

    Go and check this link, this might give you an idea where to start looking
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=323455

    "elmaqvijay" <elmaqvijay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > we have one domain controller in windows 2000 server to connect client w98
    > machines. Connection between client are able establish only for few
    > minutes
    > from normal booting of the server in normal mode. After few minutes
    > connection could not be established from client.
    > Instead if we boot the server in safe mode with networking system we are
    > able to connect the client machine properly.
    >
    > requires clarification for the normal mode connection.

    Not really sure what your problem is. I am assuming it is because of
    English. No offense intended. I have lived in foreign countries before and
    did have problems in the beginning.

    Seems like you have a WIN2000 Active Directory and you have WIN98 Clients.
    Have you tried to install the ADClient on the WIN98 systems? It seems a bit
    weird that things work in AD Restore Mode.

    Install the ADClient on the WIN98 clients. If that does not fix things then
    let's focus on the Domain Controllers.

    Install the Support Tools from the Service Pack CD Media or download it from
    the MS Web Site. Then run dcdiag /c /v and see what the results are. Do
    you have multiple Domain Controllers? Do you have WINS installed? What
    type of DNS do you have ( primary / secondary or Active Directory
    Integrated )? How are the clients getting their IP Lease information (
    assuming from DHCP )? What DNS information do they have?

    --
    Cary W. Shultz
    Roanoke, VA 24014

    http://www.activedirectory-win2000.com
    http://www.grouppolicy-win2000.com

    "elmaqvijay" <elmaqvijay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > we have one domain controller in windows 2000 server to connect client w98
    > machines. Connection between client are able establish only for few
    > minutes
    > from normal booting of the server in normal mode. After few minutes
    > connection could not be established from client.
    > Instead if we boot the server in safe mode with networking system we are
    > able to connect the client machine properly.
    >
    > requires clarification for the normal mode connection.

Connection Domain Controller Servers Windows