Allow users to install fonts

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
January 19, 2005 12:36:19 PM

Is there a way from the group policies (or perhaps some other global way) to
allow regular uses to install fonts. I'd rather not make my users power
users just so they can have this function. Any thoughts.

--
Alan Coleman
Network Administrator

More about : users install fonts

Anonymous
January 19, 2005 11:24:14 PM

Can you not change permissions to the directory structure via GPO? I would
allow them permissions to the necessary folder ( usually c:\winnt\fonts in
WIN2000 or c:\windows\fonts in WINXP ).

Then, after enough time has passed you can remove the GPO.....

Just a thought.

--
Cary W. Shultz
Roanoke, VA 24014