jp_zer0

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2006
Hi, I used to overclock my pc a bit, but the rising temperature inside my case forced me to revert back to stock speeds. The problem is that now, even the stock speeds make my computer go into high 70s when alt-tabbing from hitman: blood money. Any of you guys know what's going on here? My pc is an hp pavillion pimped out with antec PSU and BFG6600GT Copper. The processor is an athlon64 3400+ 130nm s754 /w stock cooler.

My guess is that the thermal paste HP put in is getting old and needs replacement. Would some arctic silver 5 solve my temperature problems? if not, what would?

jp_zer0

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2006
the thing is, my computer crashes after a few minutes so it can't be the sensors. I have cleaned thoroughly my computer.

Hi, I used to overclock my pc a bit, but the rising temperature inside my case forced me to revert back to stock speeds. The problem is that now, even the stock speeds make my computer go into high 70s when alt-tabbing from hitman: blood money. Any of you guys know what's going on here? My pc is an hp pavillion pimped out with antec PSU and BFG6600GT Copper. The processor is an athlon64 3400+ 130nm s754 /w stock cooler.

My guess is that the thermal paste HP put in is getting old and needs replacement. Would some arctic silver 5 solve my temperature problems? if not, what would?

See if the voltage going to your processor is exessive. I have 4 3400's s754. The two with MSI Platinum MB's fluctuate the systems Vcore. I have to set it manually to 1.5v. If Vcore is higher than 1.5v, CPU temps rise quickly. What is the BIOS setting for Vcore? Turn the voltage down to your processor if you can.